Employee reviews at Pearson Education
2.9

"I've worked at Pearson for over 10 years and there are many women working at Pearson throughout the company in roles that span the corporate structure from entry level through the executive level. In speaking with colleagues outside of Pearson, I believe that the benefits are above average both in Healthcare/family care and many other programs to support work/personal life balance. Maternity leave is the bare minimum with many co-workers using all of their vacation time, personal and sick time for the year to be at home for the longest amount possible. I rarely see any men take advantage of the two weeks paternity leave afforded to them."
Manager, Global
Would you recommend Pearson Education to other women?
"I've worked here for almost 3 years and there are a lot of women working in my department. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but new management is male-dominated and not open to the flexibility and work life balance we had before. Which makes it tougher for women to balance home and work obligations. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged harshly by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time."
Marketing Manager, N/A
Would you recommend Pearson Education to other women?
"If you live close by and have a flexible boss then I think you are okay. Otherwise, no!"
"I worked there over 10 years. The first 4 were wonderful, then they got too big for their britches and no longer cared about the workers. Mgt was too busy trying to make themselves look good."
Would you recommend Pearson Education to other women?
"It's as good a company for men as for women... The company ITSELF was terrible."
"The only good thing was the insurance benefits. Other than that it was pitiful with raises and appraisals."
Would you recommend Pearson Education to other women?
"No professional development opportunities in this department with little to no career growth."
Lead Instructional Designer, Course Design Development and Academic Research
Would you recommend Pearson Education to other women?
"I have worked here for 5 years with 3 company aquisistions during the process. Now that we are Pearson I expected more professional development training but in fact we have none. I enjoy the flexible work hours but in a position and area with no career path. I am hoping this will get better as we become more of the Pearson company."
Lead Instructional Designer, Course Design Development and Academic Research