Quest Diagnostics

www.questdiagnostics.com
3.8

There are opportunities at this company but need to look for them and reach out.

• Family Friendly Aspects?

The company has 40,000 employees - it's very strong. There are good technical/laboratory jobs, but sometimes the leadership jobs are saved for the "chosen few".

• Family Friendly Aspects?

Be more fair with internal promotions and selections for layoff.

Maybe. It depends; there can be favoritism depending on the business unit you work at. Employees are promoted or saved from layoff based on favoritism.

If you work at the corporate location in KS, I'm sure the pay is much better.

Phlebotomy

Laboratory

I have been with the company since 2003 and I feel that they are one of the best companies to work for. The benefits are great and there is opportunity to move up, or transfer to another position either where you are, or across the country if you are relocating. Men and women have the same opportunities, as we have both at every level of the company. I have been on medical leave for 6 months now, and they have been excellent throughout this difficult time. Every year we all get a bonus check, no matter what position you hold in the company. The amount depends on how well the company does during each quarter, and so we are all a contributing factor in that amount, regardless of what position you hold in the company. There are events and opportunity to work together to raise money for charities throughout the year, which makes me proud to be a part of this company. During difficult times like Katrina for example, the company continued to support their employees by relocating them or helping them out financially until things were rebuilt, but they did not have to worry about losing their jobs on top of all else that they were going through. There is just so much that Quest does behind the scenes for it's employees, that shows they care beyond the working day and value us as people not just employees. Overall, I would rate them as one of the best places to work for.