Very flexible working hours, and offers working from home once a week

I wouldn't specifically recommend to a woman but I would be unlikely to recommend o anyone

The company only does the state minimum. I was told because of current discrimination legal battles with a few former employees, HR decided to do the base minimum for all--no flexibility per department or work team.

Maternity leave is under the "short term disability "policy. 6 weeks paid is only at 90% of salary
14562a2m2h

Overall, good place to work as a woman. I felt comfortable even as an intern.

Make sure to join the Siemens women's network. They have monthly online lunch and learn seminars for women and the local chapter throws events.

Siemens is a large company and really depends on location and what types of people work there. I have worked at different locations and some of them have a better company culture than others.
Lady koukla71 Executive Administrative Assistant, C-Suite

I have worked here for 7 years and there are opportunities for women but you must stand out and ask for them. Do not sit back and wait for these opportunities to come to you.

Lady Project Manager Project Manager, Building Technologies

There are very few women working here, and most are in administrative roles. While management is very open to hiring women, it's a difficult place to work because of the scarcity of women and the lack of any HR whatsoever to accomodate any issues. No paid maternity leave, just the government required FMLA. I pumped in a bathroom for a couple months until there was a place large enough for a chair cleared out in a storage closet for me without a lockable door, I had to tape paper over the window.

Large company, no visible HR, very difficult to make any changes
Lady Fairy Love Marketing Manager, Marketing

The company tries to work on diversity in a heavily white and male company, but it has far to go in the upper ranks. There is focus on young women engineers, but senior positions are limited that provide good work life balance. If you want a higher level position, you must be prepared to travel 50%. Also, people are generally hired for top capabilities, but utilization is tempered by a top heavy layer and not enough worker bees (who tend be the women) and too many processes and not enough prioritization by top executives.

CalgonTakeMeAway Girl

You'd better negotiate a stellar starting salary or the paltry raises and zero bonuses will make you poorer and poorer every year. You can walk on water and it won't make a bit of difference in your raise or ability to move from one job band to another. Yet it's almost impossible to get fired here unless you GET CAUGHT murdering someone, meaning you'll be working with plenty of slackers and picking up some of their workload. Plus, a lot of the information you need to do your job correctly is only available in German - and the Germans won't translate it for you because "you aren't in their cost center". Cost centers is a self-serving risk averse profit center. And just try traveling on business and being limited to $10 a day for breakfast, $15 for lunch, and $25 for dinner. I have had to eat out of vending machines so as not to violate the Travel Policy. The 401(k) is awful-Aon Hewitt proprietary funds. Only the Stable Value fund had a positive return in '15! and we have no index funds! The company matches up to 6%, but you only vest 20% a year, so you only get the full match if you survive for five whole years. I've been here 4+ years - not sure I'm gonna make it. Men are treated badly also, but women are viewed as glorified secretaries no matter their level or education.

Lady RedheadPM

I've been here for almost two years. The company is Germany-based, and almost all of the upper management / executive positions are filled by men (I can think of ONE female Director off the top of my head). I'm in a very tech-heavy area, and the hiring managers looked at me like I had two heads when I asked them in my interview about women's networking groups or mentoring/sponsorship programs. They're CLUELESS.

Lady anon486 Analyst, Building Technology

Women do get promoted but it is on a rigid timeline. Women are required to use all of their PTO before getting any paid FMLA leave. As far as I know, no additional paid leave or benefits are offered.

Women Review Siemens for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Siemens by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

2.7 stars, based on 10 reviews Company Website 14562a2m2h anon1268 Lady koukla71 Lady Project Manager Lady Fairy Love CalgonTakeMeAway Girl Lady RedheadPM Lady anon486