Silicon Valley Bank www.svb.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Silicon Valley Bank?

Progressive company. Great place to work. I disagree with the other reviews that it's a white boys' club. I did not see evidence of that.

anon2448 Director

Flexible hours, receptive to women with children, and good benefits including a subsidized program for emergency child care. Not many women in senior leadership positions however, overall culture of respecting work-life boundaries and working mothers

Very flexible maternity leave policy
Time for a Change Vice President (VP), Sales

The benefits are great from medical to flex time to maternity leave. But they don't promote or pay women equally to men and the number of women in management is low.

The benefits are great and in some areas, they're making progress - hiring and training more women, maternity leave policy, and options to remain engaged part time if they choose to leave to take care of young family or aging parents. But in the day to day office life, promotions, reviews, and salaries, there is a lot of room for improvement.

I worked at SVB for a few years and reported to 2 female managers. In the beginning, things were great and I felt empowered working for 2 women in management roles and the support they provided was great; however, felt threatened by me once I became good at my role. Long story short...if you become a threat, they will find a reason to use you as a scapegoat for their own personal gain. What baffles me is if I did such a good job and the entire department but those 2 managers liked me, why would you let go of a highly talented and qualified employee?

Lady rescuedfrom

Good old white boys club. Good if you have connections. That said, they pay well and benefits are great. But you will get punished for being smart and they will slowly kill your morale. If you don't mind sacrificing your sanity for a couple years of good money, why not?

If you have balls of steel and can kiss your way up the ladder
Lady HappyMum

There are many opportunities to grow here if you are willing to work hard.

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review Silicon Valley Bank for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Silicon Valley Bank by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 6 reviews Company Website anon2462 anon2448 Time for a Change Lady anon902 Lady rescuedfrom Lady HappyMum