State Farm https://www.statefarm.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about State Farm?
Lady LovelyLocks

I've worked here over 3 years, and though I've seen women enter lower management, I'd say mid-level and upper-level management are predominantly men. Unfortunately, I believe that maternity leave is paid for up to 2 months, and you're "safe" for another month (but it's unpaid) - according to friends who have been on recent mat leave.

Lady peacock33

I have worked here for just over 3 years, in two different departments. From what I have seen so far, women are treated equally as men. There seems to be an even spread of male and female in middle and upper management. Although, I haven't had to take maternity leave, the amount of time allowed is generous.

Lady Hibiscus Communications Specialist, Public Affairs

Generally, State Farm is a solid, stable employer offering good pay and benefits. Women are prominent in leadership, including executive. In my own career path I haven't seen any preferential treatment toward men and have numerous times gotten promotions and better bonuses than men in my area. The scheduling and time off policies vary drastically by department and are not at all family-friendly in the call centers. Mandatory overtime, time off blackout dates, inability to trade schedules and other issues have created a lot of frustrated employees. Paid maternity leave is capped at 6 weeks across the board.

In my department and other support areas, yes, but in the call centers, no, due to complete lack of flexibility in scheduling and time off.
Lady Claims Manager

In the past this has been a very solid company with great benefits and opportunity for advancement. Recently State Farm has taken on a new management style and for now it is not being handled well. Production and "efficiency" drives are creating a cut throat environment, and eliminating the pride in customer service that brought meaning to our careers in years past. For 2015/2016, I would stay away. Here's hoping this Company will recover, as it used to be a great place to work.

Only if they are single with no plans for children
Lady Lifeisgood

If you are willing to move every 5 years & can handle stress you will do well.

yes but be prepared to handle high stress
Lady Mollygoose

It's not how good you are at the job and how much knowledge you have in your job but if you are willing to take courses and do outside work activities that will get you promoted. If you are a young Mom with kids at home or just want to do a good job in your department, you will not be promoted. You also have to be mobile.

Only if you are willing to take their courses and move to any city in the country
Lady spark.story UX Architect, ISD

You can work from home once a week. If you have to change the work from home day for personal reasons, managers are very flexible and understanding. This is a relationship-based organization with employee's respect towards their family life. People will understand any adjustments you need for your family. It is noticeable that the organization has a very high portion of women employees and people say it is because they can work and still raise their children with ease. There are also enough number of paid personal time off, sick days, vacation days, and limitless doctor days.

Lady Avi8trix Claim Team Manager

It's still an old boys club environment, regardless of the current restructuring which is eliminating many jobs for both old boys and women. My leadership team is male dominated, lacking diversity. Very few people advance from my department - male or female. It's known as a place where old claims employees go to die. Several women have accepted lower level positions to leave the department. Men have successfully applied for lateral positions in other departments and have advanced from there.

The corporate environment, one that used to to be something to brag about and lead employees to commit to the company for 20-45 years, is a distant memory. They equally discourage men and women, equally.

Lady TNE422 Agents Office

I have worked here for almost 11 years total. I manage an agency and maintain high sales (usually up to $10K OVER my quota for the month) and also do all the marketing and training of new hires. I currently make $35K a year and receive 3% commission. I also only have two weeks vacation after 11 years. Maternity leave has never been discussed and neither has a raise in vacation time or salary. State Farm corporate is a decent company I'm sure but working for agents is a nightmare and corporate could care less.

Women Review State Farm for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of State Farm by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3 stars, based on 22 reviews Company Website Lady LovelyLocks Lady peacock33 Lady Hibiscus Lady Claims Manager Lady Lifeisgood Lady Mollygoose Lady spark.story Lady Avi8trix Lady anon1059 Lady TNE422