Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Touro University California to join us.

Aquilant Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

They provide flexible working and encourage training and development and offer a level of autonomy. However female leadership is lacking; there is no enhanced maternity or sick pay; males colleagues are paid more although this is denied and there is an undercurrent of patriarchy and misogyny

I live in the UK where we have statutory maternity pay of 39 weeks. This is the bare legal minimum an employer can offer. It is £139 per week

BlackBerry Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Less women working there now, but women there are treated very well.

Temple Beth-El Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The boss is friendly, but the lay leadership has no idea what goes on in the building and don't support the staff.

Children's Cancer Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Warm, inclusive, hard-working culture with a female majority staff and all female executive team.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

4moms Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

Excellent parental leave - 12 weeks, 100% paid. Flexible hours, although it varies by department and manager.

100% pay plus 100% benefits paid for while on leave

I no longer work there.

Compass Marketing, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

This is a male chauvinist environment, made evident by the lack of female leadership

I am about to take it (7 weeks left til due date)

Vantiv, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Generally, lots of woman in all roles including many high level decision making positions. Medical Benefits are ok (spouse surcharge) decent match on 401k, lots of time off earned year 1. From my experience in the last 5 years, people managers are enabled from the top to take care of their team members within reason of course but for that reason I would recommend them for their flexibility. At the VP and higher level, there is a lot of travel between geographically distributed teams and I have observed a lot of it is last minute. Company is working towards being agile centric meaning right people over process and skill set which is an added bonus. If you can do your job and do it well, no one cares that you leave right at 5 to pick up kids or coach the little league. But you may need to check and reply to email during off hours as well as phone calls.

Lahey Health Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are a physician or resident, you are set. You get variable paid medical leave. If you are a nurse, nurse practitioner, or any other role, you get only your saved vacation time and unpaid FMLA. You can purchase your own short term disability but that comes with challenges as well. There are more and more women in leadership these days so I think it could get better if they make their employees' life work balance and job satisfaction a priority.

Experis Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

I worked as a contractor in an off-site location for six months. Staff regularly checked in with me to see how if I was happy with the work and if the work was as described. I had great interactions with the people in the main office and would recommend them to a friend in a heartbeat.