Mechanical Engineer

Engineering

There are many women in leadership roles and there is promotion for development and furthering education and career however working for the government requires adherence to many policies and there is not room for too much freedom.

Working for the government has some flexibilities but there are a lot of policies and procedures which limit flexibility.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Maybe. I have been at this company for a few months now. So far, I have found that there will be a lot of travel working for the government which might not be favorable to many women who have families and children. As a young woman looking to start a family, I have turned off by this.

I would avoid working here at all costs. The culture is terrible. The whole base is run by "the good ol boys club". Employees are penalized for trying to improve processes and recognizing inefficiencies. Upper management feels threatened by those who want to improve and take away workload in order to avoid exposure to whatever it is they are hiding.

• Work-Life Friendly Attributes:

Nothing, the place is too far gone. Unfortunately, in order for me to even consider staying at this company there would have to be a complete reorganization and top level management would need to be let go.

Production Controller

As a federal worker you have to start at the bottom with unreasonable pay. Wirking as a contractor pays better but the benefits are not good

They don't offer any. Taking FMLA.

Take care of there employees. Better benefits.

Maybe. There's some good people but bad management. They promote people by who they are related to or because they file a EEO complaint. I was purposely kept in a hazardous environment while pregnant because I'm a contractor. I had inforned them I was trying and could become pregnant very soon.