UnitedHealth Group www.unitedhealthgroup.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about UnitedHealth Group?
equalityforall69

This company is pretty fair to women. The medical benefits aren't that great.

• 5

It's a great place to work for everyone; men and women alike. We are all treated equally.

Tradingplaces

for a company that has such a high proportion of women, there are few men in the highest leadership roles.

Stiletto

Benefits are not great, there are pockets where men fair better, but there is challenging interesting work and opportunities to make it as a working mom.

As a heath are company they have a long ways to go in understanding the health and wellbeing of women.
cagirl2016

All experiences are based on the boss you have and dept you are in. Decisions are made usually between boss and 2-3 above them. Many female leaders (directors and above) do not have children but seem to be flexible from others I have heard from.

The standard for most at the company is 12 weeks per FMLA. Some bosses approve flex schedules upon return from maternity leave which is very helpful. Again depends on your boss.
ptangel Senior Accountant, Accounting

Your experience may depend entirely on which part of the organization you work for- some are far more flexible than others.

Disability benefits: 6 weeks at 2/3 salary for full time employees.

na

Lady 3Birds Data Analyst, Billing and Eligibility

It's a good place to work, but some departments are better than others, and of course some bosses are more understanding than others. The higher your job level and number of years you're been here, the more flexibility. Some departments are completely awful, such as call center. There are many women supervisors, but I've heard from others that sometimes the male supervisors are more flexible.

Lady Optum Marketing, Optum

The work is rewarding, but men who have families move up faster because they are naturally seen as the breadwinners. I am a female breadwinner but am not taken seriously in that role at work. That being said, the schedule is flexible if your manager also has kids. If not, good luck! Lots of women directors and managers but fewer in top roles. Work is piled on; raises are not. Lots of change - 14 managers after 10 years. Rewarding work to help people live healthy and fix the health care system and chances to grow as a professional IF you seek them out. But it all really depends on your direct manager and the 2-3 people above them.

Flexible schedule but no raises
Lady anon1036 Training Manager, Learning Solutions

I've worked at UnitedHealthcare for almost 8 years, and the majority of staff is female. We have a great culture that focuses on Integrity, Compassion, Relationship, Innovation and Performance, which suits everyone who works there. The benefits are generous, and management goes out of their way to make the employee feel valued. I just love the place!

Facebook
Twitter
Women Review UnitedHealth Group for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of UnitedHealth Group by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

stars, based on 19 reviews Company Website equalityforall69 anon3142 Tradingplaces Stiletto cagirl2016 ptangel anon1355 Lady 3Birds Lady Optum Lady anon1036