Employee reviews at UnitedHealth Group
3.4

default img
Tell us more for better jobs, advice
and connections
your interests
Your feed isn’t personalized yet. Follow topics like career advice, lifestyle or health.
companies you follow
companiesBoxImage
Get alerted when there are new employee reviews.
YOUR JOB ALERTS
Get notified when new jobs are posted.
"If you want to work where you will receive harsh and lengthy discipline from management every time you fail to dot an i or cross a t, this is the job for you. If you want power hungry management & admin staff that pulls dirty tricks all the time, you should work here. If bully tactics are your preference, you will do well here. If you like your chance for advancement to depend solely on how well you obey every command from how long to keep your email, how to arrange your computer desktop and how long it should take you to see to your needs, you will like it here. If failure to obey on command results in becoming a bull y target is the way you like doing things, apply right away. If lying, backstabbing and trickery are your preferred management techniques, this is where you will thrive. If you like major and comprehensive process changes every single month if not every week and being expected to have them all down pat without error in an instant, go to work here. Other than that, I loved the work I was doing and the company had good compensation and benefits. I hoped to stay with this company to retirement, but the micromanagement culture and punishment for failure to obey commands on these tiny little things was not agreeable for me and certainly didn't line up with the company's written values, so all of that is just lip service. It was a major disappointment with the contrast of what the company says it stands for and how the staff actually behaves, but this is always a risk. I've worked in this field 22 years and it was the worst I'd ever seen. If you decide to work here, just be sure not to question anything, ever, and obey every miniscule order your manager gives you without question and never voice an opposing thought, they will plot revenge and never let go of the personal vendetta they create. I resigned to protect my work record and hope for a better situation in my next position."
One thing UnitedHealth Group can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Would you recommend UnitedHealth Group to other women?
How supportive is your manager?
Which benefits are offered?
Pension, Health care

Want to

"Even though they try to promote diversity, the culture isn't as inclusive"

Want to

"Can be a hard company to work for and having good management is key to sustainability. "
"Other"

Want to

"Great employer, probably best place I’ve ever worked at and I have been here over 10 years"
One thing UnitedHealth Group can improve?
"Improve my benefits (e.g. medical, maternity)"
Healthcare
Policies, Culture, Hours

Want to

" be careful if you're working from home that you do not keep your children there. If you have a young child bust your butt to get them to daycare on time. Any kids heard in the background at all is not okay. My 2 year old son was sick at home and watching a show to keep him occupied while I was on a call. I forgot to put myself back on mute and someone heard it, even though my son was in a separate room. Not my finest moment, but it was my 3rd month working there and I'm a single mom, so I was doing the best I could. Despite my slip-up, my bosswas told by one if my peers that I watch TV during the work day, and the rapport I had developed with my manager changed. I was systematically pushed out because of this person spreading rumors about my work ethic and ruining my reputation. I ended up getting let go. Working from home is no joke, so don't slip up! Make sure your home internet is extremely reliable or it looks like youre offline. In my case, my manager didnt believe I was "present" when I was 100% engaged, Lesson learned!"
One thing UnitedHealth Group can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Senior Reporting Analyst, Analytics