University of Denver

www.du.edu/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at University of Denver to join us.

Samaritan Health Plans Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

senior management level is very demanding, too many meetings consume the work day.

Spectronics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Great company, they support gender equality and I have not experienced any concerns since joining.

The Order Of Saint John Usa Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

It’s okay, but men are paid more because the organization thinks it can get away with it.

University of Rochester Medical Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Maternity leave is not great and flexible hours are not an option, which is really the main issue I have with my position here.

Mintz Group, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Tread with care and finesse. You can work with the system but don't expect radical change any time soon. It took a long time to form and it will take a while to chip away the male mold on how work gets done effectively.

While they award paid time off they question its use, thereby undercutting trust. If the work gets done on schedule, there should be no pushback for a reason so they can evaluate the need.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Arrow Electronics, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

In corporate, the flexible work hours or work from home ability were available. But if you used them it was frowned upon and met with push back.

Maternity leave is paid out as short term disability for 6-8 weeks. In 2016 it's 70% of your salary. Arrow has no actual maternity leave.

Penji Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Yes, as long as she is prepared to work at an early-stage startup. There's lots of time and location flexibility, but you're also expected to work fast and learn fast. The other people in the company are young men, so they may not prioritize maternity leave and other benefits.

This is a startup, so the company hierarchy is flat and egalitarian. The compensation is not much currently, and I would like to see that improve.

Radiological Society of North America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depending on your supervisor they can be very flexible, but sometimes changing your hours or taking time off can be a pain if your supervisor is not willing to compromise.

United States Department of Homeland Security Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Most women are in administrative support roles. Very few upper management and those women get a bad rap. Especially if you are a young female under the age 35, there is very little respect for you, your position, or you expertise and education.