Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Virgin America to join us.

Kendo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Its like working in a "mean girl" high school. Leadership is lacking self-awareness and values are unhealthy

Not for Hiring

does not encourage work-life balance. Does not respect creative process

Trust mid-level people to do their job. Advocate partnership not ownership.

Euromoney Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have been in this company for 8 years. Started in its Regional Latam Office in Argentina in 2008. Worked 2 years homeoffice from Argentina and then got tranfered to NYC March 2013. The knowledge and expertise in the culture and how to do business in Latam and US is pricesless.

Steve Madden Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Kind of a male dominated company. But pretty laid back about time off especially with regard to family matters.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As usual it's who you know not what you know. Although I was hired without knowing anyone, to move up you have to be "plugged" into the old boy network. Additionally, even though the company has been headed by a woman and the new CEO is woman, there are very few women in positions of executive or mid-level management.

Carnegie Mellon University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for two years. I've had a number of encounters where faculty members have made grossly inappropriate comments about my appearance and personal life including being told that "you look puffy and unpleasant". There is a faculty member that feels it's appropriate to literally throw things at me (pens, flash drives, etc). I brought these up to my immediate supervisor and nothing was ever said to the people in question. There is zero respect for towards the admin staff and emeritus faculty are the worst offenders. All upper level management within my department are older, white males who have been here for decades and refuse to train new employees (I'm still new after 2 years) in additional skills/programs that would even give them the possibility to move up or on. At present time there is zero ladder for me to even attempt to climb meaning if I wanted to stay here I would be subjected to this treatment until faculty I serve decide to retire with no hope of a raise beyond university wide minimums which are typically less than 2% annually

Speech Pathology Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company provides the minimum state-required paid sick leave (3 days). Maternity leave is limited to California state mandated leave (12 weeks unpaid FMLA, 6 weeks temporary disability at ~55% pay). There are good medical insurance options, but only one (the most expensive) includes infertility treatment at a $2000 lifetime cap. Apart from benefits, this is a good company to work for with competitive, negotiable salaries and good opportunities for professional development and advancement. However, for a company that is run by women and whose employees are 99% women, they are clearly not committed to supporting families and are better suited as a stepping stone for women early in their careers, or women returning to the workforce late in their careers.

RPS Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Standard 12 weeks unpaid maternity leave. They've been pretty flexible with the working moms in terms of letting them telework. From what I've seen, the only moms in the office already had private offices, so they've been able to pump, but I'm concerned that if I choose to have a baby as junior staff, my options will be more limited. Additionally, as a consultant, I travel constantly, out of state 1-2+ days almost every week. I'm concerned that at this point in my career, I would be forced to choose between working and being home with a baby

Defense Finance and Accounting Service Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Many of the men that work at this company do not understand the needs of single mothers. For example if your child is sick and you have to leave work, they don't understand why you can't come in after hours to make up time. But the women who work at this company completely cover for you and stand up for women's equality in the work place. Many of the women at this company are in supervisor roles.

Houston-Galveston Area Council Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

3/9 executives are women. The men have been in charge since the 70s. The women who've been there that long are two steps down from the execs. There's no maternity leave per se, just your sick time, vacation time, and 6 weeks unpaid FMLA. As far as time flexibility, this is a great place to work once you have kids. But don't look for mentors, expect promotions, or a path to success. Do your job or network your way out. It seems more difficult for women to advance.

National Association of Home Builders Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

na