Hello! Happy 2021 to all of you. Toward the end of 2020, my wonderful boss had done an interview for GoDaddy's Open We Stand and I thought it was a great piece especially for entrepreneurs. A colleague of mine did a write up about it on our website, so I'm sharing with you! https://smackhappy.com/2021/01/inside-look-how-smack-happy-came-to-be/
If you're going through any struggle with your own business or career - here are some key takeaways that inspired me:
*Tips + Strategies for Business Owners*
When you’re first starting:
- Make sure to set boundaries during the day, especially if you’re working from home. If you’re working from 8 am-5 pm, treat those hours as your designated office hours.
- Market yourself and your business. No one will know about you unless you tell them. Start with a simple email telling people what you do and build from there.
- Have confidence in your abilities and know that it’s okay to fail and start again. Also, make sure to invest in resources that set you up for success.
When your business is growing:
- Consider investing in a business coach if you’re unsure what next steps to take in your business. They can help you figure out to pivot, adapt, grow, and succeed.
- Find a like-minded community of peers with whom you can network with. Not all networking events are scary. Lots of them are structured, so even introverts can thrive.
- Don’t be afraid to say “yes” to new opportunities that come your way and may take you out of your comfort zone. You never know where a new connection might lead.
When you’re leading a team:
- Remember, being a leader isn’t the same thing as being “bossy.” And bossy shouldn't be a bad word!!!
- Don’t think of yourself as a freelancer anymore; think of yourself as a business owner.
- Never stop learning and growing - it’s important always to be honing your skills.
- Empower your team members and grow with them. Find people who compliment your skills and bring something new to the team (like a new perspective).
- Having a good team around you can help you grow and make you happy.