• The electrical load flow requirements and equipment ratings.
• Harmonic Management
• The Employers' requirements and specifications
• The relevant Grid Code
• Reliability, Availability and Maintainability requirements.
• For Onshore; land constraints and the civil design interface
• For Offshore; Topside space constraints and Platform design interface
Having derived the most optimum solution, you will be able to work with the various stakeholders, including the Customer, Offshore Platform Designer, and Equipment suppliers, to develop the proposed solution to the basic design level, before supporting the Bid team with the costing of the solution.
As part of this role, you will undertake the following tasks:
• Lead the FEED study engineering team and ensure that a consistent and structured approach is taken to the development of solutions, that meet the Customer's needs, while remaining commercially attractive.
• Understand the customers' requirements, regulatory constraints and standards that need to be adhered too and ensure that they are fully considered by all stakeholders.
• Develop a provisional power system architecture that meets the needs of the project.
• Work with the system study engineer, to create provisional load-flow studies, for the purpose of equipment sizing and specification.
• Facilitate engagement with the FACTS team to develop a robust reactive power management strategy.
• Working with the system study engineer, assess the performance of the proposed solution in the areas of Grid Code compliance (reactive power, harmonics etc) and availability, and adjust the design accordingly to ensure full compliance.
• Present the engineering options to internal stake holders and customers in order to gain agreement and progress the design to the early realisation phase.
• Create equipment procurement specifications in order to engage the supply chain and obtain vendor input for the development of the basic design.
• Work with the Offshore platform designers to develop a practical realisation of the power system, at basic design level, for the offshore platform, and ensure the design is an efficient and cost effective as possible.
• Work with the mechanical, electrical and civil designers to develop a practical realisation of the power system for the onshore substation, at a basic design level, and ensure the design is as cost effective as possible.
• Create the necessary documents and reports to articulate the proposed design and it's benefits to the Customer.
• Engage with the Customer, as required, to articulate the proposed design and answer questions or queries that may be raised.
• Work with the Bid Manager in order to formulate a commercial offer to the Customer for the proposed design.
• Review Employers Requirements (works instructions and equipment specifications) and develop a clause-by-clause analysis to support the subsequent commercial offer.
Qualifications & Experience:
A first degree in Power Engineering or an electrical engineering discipline. (Or equivalent experience)
Experience working in a role where you are undertaking electrical FEED study work on high voltage transmission systems, preferably the connection of Offshore Wind Farms, and have a strong working knowledge of the following topics:
Development of power system architecture.
Electrical Load Flow and Equipment Sizing
Reactive Power and Harmonic Management
Reliability and Availability targets
Development of preliminary substation layouts for both onshore and offshore (topside) substations.
Strong understanding of the power transmission business and the way in which electrical power grids are operated in order to successfully transmit power while remaining stable.
You will also have a working knowledge of related standards and documents, such as the UK Grid Code, in order to understand the design constraints that need to be adhered too.
You will be confident to discuss these complex topics with Customers and Consultants and be able to propose solutions or improvements needed to create successful concepts that can then be delivered. You will also be able to bridge the gap between the system studies and practical design realisation, and be able to provide guidance to the electrical-mechanical teams who will create the detail design.
You will be a team player, with good communication and interpersonal skills, be capable of self-management, and have a high degree of flexibility, resilience and a self-learning attitude.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No