- Headquarters Location Round Rock, Texas (United States)
- Number of Employees 10,000+
- Website www.dell.com/careers
Dell is a collective of customer-obsessed, industry-leading visionaries. At our core is a commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities. We offer unparalleled growth and development opportunities for our team members. We believe that technology is essential for driving human progress, and we’re committed to providing that technology to people and organizations everywhere, so they can transform the way they work and live.
Explore exciting career opportunities at Dell: Jobs.dell.com
Highlights from Dell
Meet a Fairygodboss at Dell
Sales Organziational Development Strategist United StatesI joined Dell in July 1999 and have held various roles in sales training and enablement including sales trainer, training consultant, training director and now sales organziational development strategist.
While the work I do is enjoyable, it is Dell’s culture and people that have kept me here all these years. The culture is open, collaborative and flexible, and the people are friendly and diverse.
There are no “walls” at Dell. Since my first day, I have had access to the people that I need to get things done, senior leaders included. Dell’s open door policy is real and applies to all team members. Our leaders are not hidden behind closed doors and are willing to talk to anyone.
Dell is highly collaborative. I would not be able to get work done without the partnership and collaboration of others inside and outside of my department. In my experience, people are always willing to lend support even if it requires extra time and effort. It feels like a team effort with everyone pulling together to achieve one goal. Despite being in different departments and regions, we operate as one.
Dell provides flexible work solutions that allow team members to do their best work in a way that is most effective for them. In addition to being a Dell team member, I am also a wife and mother of two children that are involved in extra-curricular activities. Because of Dell’s flexible work solutions, I am able to leave work early to attend a game or arrive late to attend a school assembly. I also have the tools I need to work from home which has not only made it easy to get things done, but also allowed me to reduce my carbon footprint.
The people that work at Dell are wonderful. I have been fortunate to work with a diverse group of people from across the world. I have learned more than I ever imagined about different cultures and perspectives. I have built long lasting friendships with Dell colleagues, many of which I have only met over the phone.
I would describe my experience as exciting, fulfilling and fun and would recommend Dell as a great place to work to my friends and family!
What Women Should Know about Working At Dell
- We win together throuh collaboration
- We provide great benefits and rewards
- We value a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Entreprenurial spirit is recognized and rewarded
- We are commited to our communities and life balance
- Career and development opportunities abound
Diverse and inclusive global enviroment:
- Promotes diversity with Employee Resource Groups and Afinity Circles
- Implemented the industry-first Men Advocating Real Change (MARC)
We are recognized by:
- Diversity Inc. Top 50
- Society of Women Engineers
- FlexJobs Top 100 Remote Work
- WorldatWork Work-Life Seal of Distinction
Programs, initiatives, groups
At Dell, we create opportunities for all employees to bring their ideas to the workplace in an environment that cultivates the exchange of broad thinking and inspires innovation. By embedding diversity and inclusion into our business, we help ensure that we serve customers globally in ways that best meet their needs.
Through Employee Resource Groups, Afinity Circles, cultural awareness trainings we create a workplace that is inclusive of all differences, cultivate external marketplace relationships with diverse communities and organizations, and grow a diverse workforce.
Explore Our Infographics ›
- Unconscious bias training Yes
- Internal mentorship / sponsorship programs Yes
- Internal employee networking Yes
- Succession planning initiatives Yes
- Diversity initiatives / processes for performance evaluation Yes
Flexible working policies
At Dell flexibility is not limited to a project or initiative but expands to our culture that enables team members to be successful whenever and wherever best fits their work life needs. We continue to increase access to and use of both formal and informal flexible work solutions including: telecommuting, remote, compressed work schedule, and flextime.
Our goal is for 50% of our workforce to be remote by 2020. We also have an ERG, Conexus, around connected and remote work.
Yes, Our flexible work options comprise of:
- Flexible work hours available
- Frequent remote work available
- Mobile (Telework)
- Remote work
- Part-time working Yes
- Overview: Parental leave policies • Maternity Support Program – 24/7 Nurseline. In addition, medical plans provide access to speak with a trained labor and delivery nurse who can answer your pregnancy-related questions.
- Paid maternity leave Yes
- Paid paternity leave Yes
- Adoptive paid leave Yes
Other benefits information
• Childcare resources and referral services
• Health plans include coverage for fertility/infertility
• Backup child care
• Elder care referral services
• Resources for children with special needs
• Lactation support services
- Lactation facilities Yes
- Fertility benefits Yes
Care-taking benefits information
- Elder care referral services
- Family and Medical Leave
- Health benefits extended to domestic partners of employees, children of domestic partners, children of legal guardians, foster children and adult children with special needs
- Back-up childcare Yes
- Elder-care benefits Yes