- Headquarters Location Boston, MA (USA)
- Number of Employees 10,000+
- Website womenadvisors.fidelitycareers.com
At Fidelity, we're all about helping our customers live the lives they want. From the 23 million people investing their life savings, to the 20,000 businesses managing their employee benefits programs, to the 10,000 advisors and institutions needing innovative technology solutions to invest their clients' money, everything we do is done to help them achieve their goals.
As a privately held company, we believe that a nurturing work environment attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to being a place where people want to work. For the women who thrive at Fidelity, we know that our strengths deliver amazing results: the ability to respond with compassion and respect, the insights that underpin the achievement of long-term goals, and the pride that comes with getting the details just right. We are, and always have been, a company that respects the value of our women associates, who contribute at every level of the organization.
Highlights from Fidelity Investments
Meet a Fairygodboss at Fidelity Investments
Vice President Boston, MA
Jeanne Thompson leads a team at Fidelity Investments that develops ideas and insights to help Americans plan and save for retirement. Recognized for her knowledge on 401(k) plans, Jeanne helps educate and inform employers, employees, advisors, policymakers, as well as personal finance editors and writers.
Before being named vice president of Thought Leadership at Fidelity, Jeanne held several leadership positions at Fidelity, including oversight of the design and implementation of 401(k) plans for many Fortune 100 companies. This deep understanding of 401(k) plan design, combined with robust analysis of more than 13 million American savers, enables her to consistently offer innovative insights about retirement readiness. Jeanne is often tapped for commentary and insight by CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and CNN Money, among other media outlets. Follow Jeanne on LinkedIn and Twitter.
What Women Should Know about Working At Fidelity Investments
Fidelity is a family-friendly company, dedicated to bettering the lives of our associates, both personally and professionally. From our 16-week maternity leave to our on-site health and wellness centers, we believe that the more balance you have, the more goals you can achieve.
Gender diversity statistics
Gender diversity information
Fidelity Investments believes our culture of diversity and inclusion makes us more effective in serving our customers, developing our employees, and strengthening our communities. We recognize the value that employees' individual differences and perspectives contribute to the success and growth of our company. We promote an environment that embraces collaboration, innovation, and service.
Harnessing the power of diversity supports our market leadership - now and into the future.
Programs, initiatives, groups
- Additional information Women's Leadership Group (WLG)
- Flexible working policies Fidelity strives to be respectful of our employees' need to find time to fulfill their professional and personal responsibilities.
- Overview: Parental leave policies Employees welcoming a child through birth, adoption, fostering, or surrogate are encouraged to take time away to bond with their new family. Employees who give birth can take 16 weeks of fully paid Maternity Leave. Associates with a spouse/partner/surrogate that gives birth, or who are adopting or fostering a child can take 6 weeks of fully paid Parental Leave.
- Paid maternity leave Yes, 16 weeks
- Unpaid maternity leave No, An associate could potentially extend their maternity leave by adding an unpaid personal leave after the 16 weeks of company paid maternity leave.
- Paid paternity leave Yes, 6 weeks
- Unpaid paternity leave Yes, An associate can take unpaid parental leave under FMLA for up to 12 weeks. New parents can take 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid.
- Adoptive paid leave Yes, 6 weeks
- Back-up childcare Yes