We crowdsource American Airlines Group, Inc.'s maternity, paternity and parental leave policies, based on American Airlines Group, Inc.'s employee reviews and anonymous tips from American Airlines Group, Inc. employees.
American Airlines Group, Inc. Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
American Airlines Group, Inc. offers 10 weeks of paid maternity leave and 6 weeks of unpaid maternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Transportation: Passenger Air Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Transportation: Passenger Air industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at American Airlines Group, Inc.
- Madam snufkin
- 0 weeks paid
- 14 weeks unpaid
- Lady Keystone
- 0 weeks paid
- 6 weeks unpaid
- 10 weeks paid
- weeks unpaid
American Airlines Group, Inc. Maternity Leave Comments
- "* General working environment is good for women especially in the non-core side of the business. Core-business is very male-dominated - Seems after the merger with USAirways, the male-dominance has gotten worse: if you count # of Sr. Managements in key roles that is obvious * Mothers room in both HDQ1 and HDQ2 are gross and no investments are made to improve in the last 7-8 years * One of my former boss at the annual performance review told me "Your review is screwed because you took a maternity leave" - I reported to HR but nothing was done, sadly" - Anonymous
- "The maternity leave is only up to 8 weeks and can be less, and will come out of any sick/vacation time you have acquired. I worked here for 4 years in reservations as well as customer service at the airport. Those positions are in the same Union. Maternity leave may be different for other unions. Other than lack of decent maternity benefits it is a unionized position and everyone is treated equally." - Anonymous
- "While American advertises 10 weeks paid maternity leave, it is very difficult to get the full 10 weeks if you have a vaginal birth - 6 weeks is paid but you need doctors approval for the additional 4 weeks. This policy had been very misleading and the weeks off are determined through the benefit provider. " - Anonymous
- "As of March 1, 2017, American Airlines will offer 10 weeks of paid maternity leave." - Anonymous
- "Part-time jobs were offered in the past." - Anonymous
- "In the past American Airlines has offered employment opportunities with the ability to telecommute and/or work a part-time schedule." - Anonymous