We crowdsource eBay Inc.'s maternity, paternity and parental leave policies, based on eBay Inc.'s employee reviews and anonymous tips from eBay Inc. employees.
eBay Inc. Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
eBay Inc. offers 24 weeks of paid maternity leave, 6 weeks of unpaid maternity leave and 12 weeks of paid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Technology: Consumer Internet Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Technology: Consumer Internet industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at eBay Inc.
- Lady Fairygodboss 136
- 16 weeks paid
- 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady anon439
- 6 weeks paid
- 6 weeks unpaid
- Lady Bits
- 14 weeks paid
- 4 weeks unpaid
- 3 weeks paid
- 1 weeks unpaid
eBay Inc. Maternity Leave Comments
- "I haven't experienced anything troubling with regard to my gender. The company enthusiastically celebrates LGBTQ rights and flies a rainbow flag, which is wonderful. After 5 years of employment you are awarded a 30-day paid sabbatical. Health coverage is good/decent (Blue Cross Blue Shield of California). I have not personally used maternity leave at this company but I believe it's 90 days - eBay U.S. could really improve upon this and set a better standard by offering 6 months as recommended by the World Health Organization." - Anonymous
- "Mid to upper management is male dominated, and so as a woman, you have to make sure you get in good politically. Women tend to be judged a bit harder than men, and more so, mothers are judged more. The maternity leave was mediocre. 6 weeks paid at a percentage of your salary for a natural birth and 8 weeks paid for a C-Section. The rest of maternity leave is unpaid. There is limited to no flexibility when you return to the work force. Despite my role being completely online with clients out of state, and most of team sitting in another office (also out of state), my boss wanted me in office. I would sit there being less productive than I would have been at home, because as a first time parent, I worried about my daughter and also found it extremely stressful to find time to pump milk at work. There was only one mother's pumping room in our office and 4 women that needed it. Therefore, we'd all try to rush in or secure time to privately pump. There is a greater need to accommodate mothers, particularly mothers of newborns." - Anonymous
- "It is a great shame to have seen the departure of great women Product and Technology leaders from eBay in recent years. In spite of the company insisting it supports female careers, the numbers speak for themselves. There are no women on the CTO staff for the Core Product development team and only 1 woman leader on the leadership team of the New Product development group - and this in spite of great talent that was nurtured in the org through previous Executive regimes. It is no surprise then that eBay's company performance has dipped in recent years. Promotion practices are arbitrary and favor those who self-promote and shout loudest. Women are penalized for displaying the same behaviors as men. And so it's male-dominated executive staff have indexed toward solving for "customers like me" - in spite of the fact that the new global consumer is female. So it has a dwindling customer base that skews male in a market where the biggest spenders are women. For early and mid-stage career professionals, eBay pays well and has better maternity policies than most American companies - although in reality they have only just brought themselves inline with Google and Facebook to remain a competitive employer in Silicon Valley. Flexibility is very manager-dependent." - Anonymous
- "eBay has only recently updated its maternity and paternity policies to bring inline with Google and Facebook - and only in response to the need to remain competitive in the Valley. There was seemingly no other galvanizing factor driving this change forward." - Anonymous
- "Part-time jobs were offered in the past." - Anonymous
- "Some telecommuting, option for telecommuting, 100% telecommuting, mostly telecommuting" - Anonymous
- "Alternative schedule, flexible schedule" - Anonymous
- "Company offers sabbatical to entitled employees." - Anonymous