We crowdsource Nordstrom, Inc.'s maternity, paternity and parental leave policies, based on Nordstrom, Inc.'s employee reviews and anonymous tips from Nordstrom, Inc. employees.
Nordstrom, Inc. Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
Nordstrom, Inc. offers 12 weeks of paid maternity leave, 9 weeks of unpaid maternity leave and 6 weeks of paid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Retail: Department Store Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Retail: Department Store industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at Nordstrom, Inc.
- Lady Tinkerbell62
- 6 weeks paid
- 0 weeks unpaid
- 19 weeks paid
- weeks unpaid
- 8 weeks paid
- 4 weeks unpaid
- 6 weeks paid
- 12 weeks unpaid
Nordstrom, Inc. Maternity Leave Comments
- "disability for bed rest plus 6 weeks standard maternity. My last 6 weeks only paid out at a percentage because I used up my full pay leave mostly during bed rest." - anon1302
- "I worked in Cosmetics as a counter manager and a beauty stylist and got up 8 weeks of 60% paid maternity leave, which was great. Since the environment is commission based, it was difficult to be a breastfeeding/pumping mother when I came back, as time away from the floor was looked down on. Sales floor was very competitive, as jobs are constantly threatened if goals are not met. Rarely were people actually fired though--it is used more as a scare tactic. Gay men were given preference in every area, as the general assumption was that women would purchase more from them." - SkincareQueen
- "The maternity leave has been updated since I had a baby!" - RetailMaven
- "They now offer 100% paid maternity leave up to 12 weeks. " - anon3759
- "I will be taking maternity leave in August. They offer up to 12 weeks paid. " - anon3759
- "Part-time jobs were offered in the past." - Anonymous
- "Some telecommuting" - Anonymous
- "Alternative schedule, seasonal, temporary, freelance" - Anonymous
- "As of May 1, 2017 Nordstrom will offer up to 12 weeks of fully paid leave to birth mothers, and up to six weeks of fully paid leave to other new parents. To be eligible, employees must have worked at Nordstrom at least 180 days prior to the date of the date of birth or placement (in cases of adoption or foster care) of the child." - Anonymous
- "All non-birth, adoptive or foster parents) are able to receive up to six weeks bonding leave, paid at 100 percent as of May 1, 2017" - Anonymous
- "Company offers sabbatical to entitled employees." - Anonymous