Schlumberger Maternity and Paternity Leave Policies
Schlumberger offers 20 weeks of paid maternity leave, 0 weeks of unpaid maternity leave, 12 weeks of paid paternity leave and 8 weeks of unpaid paternity leave. This information is based on anonymous tips submitted by employees.
Tips & Comments
6 17 Median 18
12 100% Consensus
? Unknown - please leave a tip
? Unknown - please leave a tip
Natural Resources: Oilfield Services Maternity and Paternity Leave
How many weeks of paid maternity, unpaid maternity, paid paternity and unpaid paternity leave do employers in the Natural Resources: Oilfield Services industry offer?
Maternity Leaves Taken at Schlumberger
- Madam HermGrang 23 weeks paid 4 weeks unpaid
- Lady desgee 11 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- Lady DF 21 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
- anon2483 49 weeks paid 0 weeks unpaid
Schlumberger Maternity Leave Comments
- "I worked at this company for 13 years. Networking is very important to get ahead. It seems like you don't have time for this, but make sure you attend conferences, training, etc. in your domain. You are in charge of your career, and your training. If your career not going anywhere, then you need to take action. Maternity leave was great for me, but it seems like the HR managers and some line managers are not familiar with the policies. It is best for you to become an expert in the latest maternity leave policy, and request what is due to you even if the managers don't seem to know what is happening." - Madam HermGrang
- "I've been the only woman working in a department or one of two for my entire career. As such, navigating maternity leave was somewhat difficult since there aren't many precedents. I wasn't given any issues with it, and was very much welcome back and gained responsibility afterwards. There are not many women in the upper echelons, though there is a drive to build more gender balance." - Lady DF
- "Company has introduced a global policy that aims at increasing gender diversity in its male-dominated workforce. Although not comparable to tech companies like Google, better maternity leave policy than most other engineering companies in the USA." - victory
- "Please note: Length of maternity leave subject to local governmental regulations overruling company policies. Maternity leaves worked fine, but more challenging to return to work as not family friendly. I can easily work 50-60 hours per week with some flexibility on when I work (for instance early mornings or weekends). I can't work 4pm-6pm due to pick-up from child care and family dinner. This was respected by local management, but not by international management. " - anon2483
The Office Maternity Leave Checklist for the "Type A" Professional
We've created a very detailed maternity leave checklist to cover pretty much every last detail we think matters for the transition from the office to being at home with your baby. This list is based on the experience, advice and tips that working moms have shared with us. So print it out, and start crossing things off! Before You Announce You're Pregnant at Work (for many women this is typi...
Pregnancy and Maternity Leave for California Employees
If you're a pregnant California employee and interested in what your maternity leave rights are, you're in luck. You live in one of the three states in the United States that guarantees women a partially paid maternity leave. You may also qualify for partially paid leave under the state's short-term disability laws, which cover a portion of your pay while you are unable to work due to pregnancy or childbirth. D...
NY State Maternity Leave and Pregnancy Disability
Update: On March 31, 2016, New York States' legislature approved paid family medical leave for up to 12 weeks effective 2018. Here's our summary of the coming New York state family paid leave provisions. New York state gets a "B" grade from the National Partnership for Women and Families when it comes to how favorable the state laws for new and expecting parents compared to other American states. ...