You know what they say: Laughter is the best medicine.
Whether you have a job you love or a job you hate, hard work, laughter and stress management are the keys to making it to the weekend. And no matter how irritating your office mate is or how unreasonable of a deadline your boss gave you for a project, a little laughter will go a long way to lighten the mood and make the day bearable.
So, here are 39 funny quotes about work stress — because sometimes you just have to laugh so you won’t cry.
1. “There cannot be a stressful crisis next week. My schedule is already full.” — Henry Kissinger
2. “If stress burned calories, I’d be a supermodel.” — Unknown
3. “By working faithfully 8 hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work 12 hours a day.” — Robert Frost
4. “If each day is a gift, I’d like to know where I can return Mondays.” — John Wagner
5. “The best part about going to work is coming back home at the end of the day.” — Unknown
6. “Mondays are the start of the work week which offer new beginnings 52 times a year.” — David Dweck
8. “Some days, the best thing about the job is that the chair spins.”— Unknown
9. “I stress about stress before there’s even stress to stress about.” — Unknown
10. "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." — Robert Orben
11. "I always try to go the extra mile at work, but my boss always finds me and brings me back."— Unknown
12. "The best way to appreciate your job is to imagine yourself without one." — Oscar Wilde
13. "If you had to identify in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved and never will achieve its full potential, that word would be meetings." — Dave Barry
15. "I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once." — Jennifer Yane
16. "I’ve tried yoga, but I find stress less boring."— Unknown
17. “Stress does not go with my outfit.”— Unknown
18. “Stressed is dessert spelled backwards.” — Loretta Laroche
19. “Here’s to another day of outward smiles and inward screams.”— Unknown
20. “What the world really needs is more love and less paper work.”— Pearl Bailey
22. “No man goes before his time – unless the boss leaves early.”— Groucho Max
23. “Oh, you hate your job? Why didn’t you say so? There’s a support group for that. It’s called everybody, and they meet at the bar.”— Drew Carey
24. “Don’t worry, better days are coming. They are called Friday, Saturday and Sunday.” – Unknown
25. “As I have gotten older and wiser, I discovered there are six things that I really loved about my job. Pay day, lunch time, quitting time, vacation time, holidays and of course, retirement.”— Tom Goins.
26. “This too shall pass. It might pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass.” — Unknown
27. “My fondest childhood memory is not having to spend 40 hours a week with people who make me feel angry and tired so that I can afford to buy paper towels and laundry detergent.” — Unknown
29. “I was a little excited but mostly blorft. 'Blorft' is an adjective I just made up that means 'Completely overwhelmed but proceeding as if everything is fine and reacting to the stress with the torpor of a possum.' I have been blorft every day for the past seven years.” ― Tina Fey
30. “Sleep is such a luxury, which I can't afford.” ― Robin Sikarwar
31. “The most important reason for your 'no' is that you need your downtime so you won’t behave like a jerk because you’re depleted. And you don’t want to battle an appetite spiked by the stress of overcommitment. But that’s your secret; others don’t need that information. So just smile, say no, thank you, and keep moving.” ― Holly Mosier
32. “Where'd the days go, when all we did was play? And the stress that we were under wasn't stress at all just a run and a jump into a harmless fall” ― Paolo Nutini
33. “Stress level: extreme. It's like she was a jar with the lid screwed on too tight, and inside the jar were pickles, angry pickles, and they were fermenting, and about to explode.” ― Fiona Wood
34. “It was after I first began to uplift my thoughts a bit that my cravings for junk food started to dissipate. I did not connect the two at that time. First, I simply noticed that I didn’t need to sleep so much. It took a while before I realized that in addition to my improved energy level, there was a direct correlation between chewing on mental garbage and putting garbage in my mouth.” ― Holly Mosier
36. “Sometimes we can focus so much on nothing that we make it a big something of nothing” ― Ricky Maye
37. “Now, for the first time in my life, I empathize 100 percent with Fluff McFly. My heart is beating at hamster-speed and I am throwing my eyes around the room, looking for some way out.” ― Robin Sloan
38. “Being under stress is like being stranded in a body of water. If you panic, it will cause you to flail around so that the water rushes into your lungs and creates further distress. Yet, by calmly collecting yourself and using controlled breathing you remain afloat with ease.” ― Alaric Hutchinson
We all have sometimes in life when stress management feels impossible because our stress levels are through the roof. If you need to clear your mind, these funny sayings about work stress could help you get through the week.
This article reflects the views of the author and not necessarily those of Fairygodboss.