Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at 1199SEIU to join us.

Intent Media Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Work/ life balance and flexible hours were a big plus, the Women of Intent Media group was a great source of support.

Micro-Star International Co., Ltd Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Iif it does not feel right - it isn't right, pay attention to your intuition

I was terminated so I did not have the option to stay. I reported directly to the CEO and I had tried to tell him over the last year and a half several things that were going wrong but to deaf ears. So if I had decided to leave it would be because I was not heard - they need to listen and respect the employee especially the few women that work for them

York County Government Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The health insurance is decent but it's gotten more expensive over the years.

FMLA allows you to take off work for 3 months after the birth of your child.

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Subway Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This employer is fair to women and many of the supervisors and managers are women and they can be very empathetic to famial needs.

Performics Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place

Life360 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are very few women working at the company and the number has been decreasing. They have never had a woman at the executive level. I don't see any advancement for women with such a boy's club at the top. It's difficult to gain their respect.

Bank of the West Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.7

The maximum paid leave most people can accrue is 8 weeks. There is a cap on sick time; it stops accruing after you reach 200 hours. Most positions get two to three weeks vacation/year and it must be used that year, though sick time can roll over. So you have to schedule your vacations "provided I don't get pregnant" (which I'm sure most managers would understand if things change) and try to piece together some income for the 12-16 weeks we are permitted by law (depending on your state). After that, you can use short term disability at 66% of your income.

Computer Sciences Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The gender representation has shifted significantly during my tenure. When I first joined, leadership was very male-dominated. However, in the past few years, our company has experienced a significant transformation and females are now well-represented in both senior and mid-level leadership roles. Women are respected for their contributions and capabilities in the same manner as their male counterparts.

Jervis B. Webb Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Know your worth! Fight (negotiate) for assignments you deserve. Don't let men talk for you or over you. Yes, you will have to work hard to prove you are as good as anyone else . . . just accept that fact. You will be fine :)