58Phases

58phases.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at 58Phases to join us.

Jumptastic UK Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great job opportunities for women, same level of respect and opportunities as men.

Chubb Limited Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

This is a place that prizes "merit" above all else. Unfortunately, "merit" is more complicated than management wants to accept, and the typical interference with the ideal that you would expect from male-dominated management finding it easier to connect and work with people "like" them exists, as do policies based on antiquated gender roles (poor maternity leave, no paternity leave), overreliance on facetime, and a lack of women or family-friendly voices at the decision-making table. Also, executive management recognizes that there is a problem with retention and promotion of women and has been paying lip service to improving it, and taking actual baby steps like creating a true women's discussion group.

Maybe. If you are a superstar and you can perform regardless of the limitations of a conservative, old-fashioned insurance industry shop, Chubb is a good place to be.

Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

A majority of the technical staff at APL is male (not surprising for the tech industry), but in eight years I've never felt disadvantaged due to my gender. There appears to be more female younger hires, but the older staff who have stayed on for decades skews heavily male. By the same token there are few women in upper management positions, but all command the same level of respect as their male colleagues. Short-term disability paid at 100% salary is available for maternity leave (6 weeks for a vaginal delivery, 8 weeks for a C-section). However the benefit is very poorly documented on the HR website making it difficult to plan ahead without asking questions and alerting the lab to your family plans. I don't think I would've been penalized had they known in advance, but I don't think it's right to expect that level of sharing from female employees either. I was able to take eight paid weeks total between STD and vacation and still had up to 12 weeks unpaid FMLA available to me. My supervisors were also very supportive of my need to pump when I returned to work and a dedicated room was available. Work-life balance is encouraged for everyone in my group, and I don't think I've seen anyone get side-eyed for using flex time or taking time off to attend to family events, sick time, etc. This culture may vary by group across the lab, but I feel the Director's office generally tries to look out for everyone and often notes that its employees are what makes APL a successful organization. Lab benefits are generous, particularly 403(b) matching and free continuing education.

Greystar Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

Difficult to get a raise/promotion in corporate as a woman. Men are promoted more often, with less legacy, and likely, make more money. If married, it feels likes company assumes the woman is not breadwinner, and therefore happy with status quo of their job/salary.

Maybe. Depends on department. Generally, no policies in place to benefit women, only state/federal requirements.

Hologic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

New management. They are bringing all their own people in , 95% men. Not much advancement opportunities.

Maybe. I always did but the atomsphere has declined.

UNO Charter School Network Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked with the organization for several years and found that women were treated fairly and valued for their contributions. There were a number of women in leadership roles however senior executives were predominantly male.

Maybe. There are excellent maternity/paternity benefits available for all staff but work-life balance can be a challenge and there has been uneven implementation of policies such as those that support breastfeeding mothers.

Akerman LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

3 months paid maternity leave

Spokane Teachers Credit Union (STCU) Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

STCU was a great place to work when it comes to most benefits. The culture is pretty good, though if you're in a technology-related department, expect some sexism. STCU only gives the number of weeks they are legally required to for maternity leave. FMLA mandates 12 and Washington state law gives another 6 (8 if you have a c-section). NONE of the hours are paid. They do not value longtime employees who want flexibility after starting a family. I worked there for nearly 10 years and when I asked to go part time after becoming a mother, I was basically told I could either work full time, or quit. I chose the latter. For a company made up predominately of women, they do not treat mothers well.

Maybe. If they don't want the option of going part time after having a baby, sure.

Bluecore Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here briefly and in the time I worked there, I saw a women who was 81/2 months pregnant be fired. The company wanted to go the cheapest route in everything they did to support their employees (except build an amazing office space) and it was evident in discussions regarding maternity leave. Her performance was constantly discussed behind closed doors and they even asked her what she would want her role to be upon returning from having her baby, as if they were assuming her current role would no longer be available.

Chapman University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2015

Senior Staff and Administration predominantly male. Lots of support staff positions on campus, most (if not all) of which are staffed by females. No work-from-home options for staff (administrators have the option). Had a child care facility on campus, but is now gone. There have been several attempts to reinstate. Lots of room for improvement for working mothers. Wages are lower than median (compared to public sector), but if you take advantage of the free education it pays off. Not a lot of room for growth, however, so that degree will likely be paying off elsewhere.

Maybe. Departments and positions vary so much that where you work and what you do is highly contingent on how successful/happy you will be. About a decade behind (at least) in terms of work/life, childcare, maternity, etc. support. Plenty of room for improvement.