A-Quality Pool

www.aqualitypools.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at A-Quality Pool to join us.

Avanade Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

Do I think Avanade is an equal opportunities employer? - Absolutely. Do I think we still have work to do? - Of course. Do we have the want and the drive to be inclusive and attract and retain more women? - Without doubt.

AnDav Consulting, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Superb location on the harbor, super flexible, laid back & on stress environment.

Defense Intelligence Agency Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't be afraid to ask your male colleagues about their pay grades. You might be unpleasantly surprised.

Community School of Music & Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have savings, or a partner that is making a good salary, or your expenses are minimal, taking on an instructor position with CSMA is wonderful. Working with the children is extremely rewarding, very supportive colleagues and majority women on staff, and you have access to excellent curriculum and resources which frees up your time and energy to focus on teaching.

Amarex Clinical Research Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Amarex Clinical Research is a great place to work. It is a family-friendly environment.

Virgin Pulse Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is the boys club familiar in software industry, but growing g fast and has a toe in HD and health, so there are more women opps than other software. All in all, good people, but can be old-school until they are reminded to stop.

Fortress Financial Services, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at this company for more than 6 years. I left a job which paid significantly more because this job offered benefits (vacation, sick, health insurance, 401(k), and when taking all of these things into account, the total compensation was close to what I was making. I was promised regular performance reviews and told I could expect raises commensurate with the quality of work I performed. In the first couple of years, I had a couple of reviews and got only minimal raises in spite of excellent work product. After the first couple of years, a "moratorium" was put on future raises. Profanity goes unchecked in this workplace. Although multiple people reported one particular person's frequent use of the c-word, this employee was only ever reprimanded and sent home for a day or two. For more than 6 years this went on, and to my knowledge, the employee is still there. (He is their largest money-maker) On several occasions, I discussed company morale with the CEO. Nothing was done. Management is more interested in profit-taking than in the people who work for this company. The paralegals are vastly underpaid given the work they do. When I did finally give my notice, and brought up the CEO's failure to deliver on regular reviews/raises, blame was passed to me for failing to ask for such. In my opinion, raises are given as a reward for excellent work. It should not be up to the employee to demand them. Finally, in light of the "moratorium" which was never "lifted," why would any person believe the request for a raise would be granted—particularly when it was common knowledge many requests for such had been denied, even prior to the moratorium. The culture of this business is toxic.

Bethesda Softworks Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There were very few women in leadership positions and the higher you go in the company, there are even fewer. You'll need to network hard for promotions, as they will only come if you have connections.

Oregon State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've been here for four years as a postdoc and instructor in the sciences. I've worked directly with multiple PIs (professors), only one of which (a well-established female PI) was a supportive role model and mentor. If you come here for a postdoctoral position, DO NOT come as a postdoctoral scholar. Get your pay and your project/work expectations in writing BEFORE you start any work (this sounds obvious, but in the world of postdocs, it's often not). In addition, OSU is not very good at setting up paychecks for people who work for two or more departments, and it took them months to set mine up correctly. One postdoctoral scholar I know who became pregnant spent her entire pregnancy fighting for the right to pay for her own insurance through the university during her (unpaid) maternity leave. I believe the school actually told her that they had never expected that a postdoctoral scholar would be pregnant, so they never bothered to set up any sort of maternity assistance programs. I know other female postdocs who are highly underpaid (especially those who come from other countries and may not know what to expect in terms of compensation). Additionally, the professional environment here is very dependent on what department you're working for. Some departments are full of great people, while others have on staff male professors who have been reprimanded for getting drunk on campus during lunch and commenting on female students (yup, they kept their jobs). OSU is also strongly headed in the direction of a teaching institution, and continues to offer less and less in the way of support for its research faculty in general.

Georgia Institute of Technology Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You can't have another campus job.