Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at a9 to join us.

The Holmstad Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2018

Amongst the better nursing homes I’ve worked at within ~15 mi

Wowza Media Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2018

TL;DR: Don’t work here. 1. Completely missed key market moments (developer network, professional services, usable ux, clear B2C moments) and is being outcompeted by everyone. Desperately trying too little too late. One time leader in streaming has fallen. 2. CEO has fanatical management fad problem that distracts and actively does harm: Holacracy! SAFe! I read a book so let’s do that! Archetypal startup that outgrew an unskillful founder who couldn’t relinquish control and will take the company down with him. 3. CEO personally protects desperately toxic HR, Sales, and Product “leaders” and fires often on personal preference, particularly women. 4. Unsustainable and deeply siloed engineering practices, particularly in testing, have created havens for expensive underperforming engineers to hide. 5. Massive inattention to results and deep measurement dysfunction - All Hands Meetings infamous for “launching” things and then being completely unaccountable to promised deliverables.

Used to be fantastic but big changes in past 3 years

Stop rampant non-hiring and firing of women in technical roles

Music Choice Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2018

Leadership means what it says but can change what they are saying, or want to look for 'evidence' before making decisions, which can lead to changing expectations with very short notice.

We do not have paternity leave on par with maternity leave, and I think we ought to.

IQ Solutions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

We are a community of doers and improvers. IQ Solutions offers a thriving environment with opportunities for our employees to make a difference by contributing their best thinking to solving challenging public health problems. We encourage employees to pursue their professional passions through idea generation, mentoring, and Strengths Finder programs. During the Onboarding process employees receive a copy of StrengthsFinder 2.0. At IQ Solutions, we are committed to success, which means building an organization shaped by our strengths. IQ Solutions' corporate training and employee engagement programs invites employees to share in the richness of our staff’s diversity not only on the job, but also at quarterly cultural celebrations that feature activities such as catered food tasting, poetry readings, and art expos. IQ Solutions' supports external trainings and encourages employees to participate in webinars and Foundational Knowledge Sessions. For example, "Outreach Targeting Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities, and More" or "Hiring Individual's with Disabilities". Employees have access to IQ Smart, an online learning management system with lessons such as Diversity on the Job: Diversity and You. IQ Solutions is constantly working and experimenting with new technologies to solve challenging public health problems, while providing a flexible work environment.

Terracon Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

It's a good place to work and department managers are typically fine with flexibility in schedule if you make it up

Ernest Health, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Depending on what your position is, is how flexible employer tends to be. Me bhave more management positions

Pam Transportation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Look closely at the leadership and consider where you might fit in the hierarchy.

ACCO Engineered Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

Recognize that you have to show up 110% everyday, the day you slip is the day they think less of you. Women who wear their emotions on their sleeves do not seems to work here for too long, or if they do they are ridiculed by their colleagues (ususally behind their backs), and quite a few of the older men who have been here for 40 years, are sexist and say inappropriate things constantly. There's one employee I can think of that has been reported to HR constantly, and even though our entire HR team (5 people) is female, the company leadership is an old boys club and that one sexist male is still here-even though his job could easily be fulfilled by a monkey.

SolarWinds Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think men and women are treated equally and there are many women in high level positions here. The culture can be very aggressive, in my opinion. Your experience will be very much influenced by your boss and how sane that person is. Reorgs are very common here, and people seems to leave the company after a fairly short time -- there is a lot of staffing churn.

Seaworld Parks & Entertainment Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for ~4 years. Women make up around 80% of the front line staff, about 40% of middle management, and very little of the upper management. I'm in middle management, and I feel respected and my ideas listened to. On the day-to-day side of things, women are treated well and I have no complaints. There's still a fair amount of the good ol' boy network still around that makes advancement more challenging than it needs to be, but SWPE is still probably more open to women in management than many other companies. The zoological departments are the most female-friendly, although even though all the zoo VPs are male. Maternity policies are standard, which in the US means pretty minimal. Maternity leave exists, but is unpaid after FMLA. The worst thing is that they are combined with your spouse's, so if you both work here, you only get half the overall leave (as a couple) that you would if you worked for separate companies. Some departments are willing to work to accommodate child care and other obligations, some aren't. While management is generally accommodating for needs during work (nursing/pumping), the nature of the job in animal care makes it often hard to get away when necessary. I know a few women who gave up breastfeeding early because, although their department allowed them ample opportunity to take breaks, couldn't bring themselves to take it often enough to keep their milk. Even if management allows it, the strong teamwork ethos around here makes mothers feel like they are shirking if they take more breaks than other people or at different times. The most promising thing is that things seem to be steadily improving. The new CEO is promoting a lot more employee-friendly changes.