Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at ACDI/VOCA to join us.

Boise State University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

You will have close to zero chance of moving up in the company and if your male boss doesn't like you he will give you low-scoring annual reviews which will make it so that your annual performance raise will be only 1% or none at all.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

FO&M is the worst department for flexibility. An employee will get written up and reprimanded if they are 1 second late to work, they are not allowed to eat, sit down, go to the bathroom or talk on the phone unless it is a designated break time, they are not allowed to store food in the office refrigerator for more than 10 hours at a time and they are only allowed access to free, fresh, cold water at a single location that travel time to and from is not allowed for unless it is during a designated break time, as well. They also took first-aid kit access away from employees and foremen.

I will be taking maternity leave in November of this year (it is currently the end of July). Boise State does not have a maternity leave policy so it relies on expectant mothers to utilize any accrued sick and vacation time and qualifying short-term disability concurrently with FMLA.

Icon Burger Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

They dont care about womens health needs like menstrual cramps

No sick time for women's needs like time off when menstrual pain us onset

Lakeside Foods Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Although Lakeside is male dominated, they have been actively trying to increase the number of women in management. There is a decent maternity leave policy that is tied in with the health care. Time off is also allowed for adoption.

Because it is an agricultural company, there is less flexibility during the summer.

I am not a parent

BAV Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

It used to be good with old management, but not any more.

Lemon Tree Spa Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Wear thick skin, be careful who you choose to trust. The staff are regularly pitted against each other for the entertainment of the owner/employer.

Depending on her mood, she may be very approachable and willing to be flexible with scheduling. Staff members are all 1099 Independent Contractors, so she was forced to be somewhat flexible.

Contract positions are never guaranteed, especially for women who must take time away for maternity leave. There is no paid time off, no sick days, and no maternity leave. Taking time away from work will jeopardize a contractor's future income.

Bring in an actual management team, learn something about the business she's supposed to be running. Employer is very invested in nepotism, she is notorious for promoting the people who entertained her over those who are true business professionals.

Mathis Brothers Furniture Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

If you do not perform, there is no exceptions to their termination policy. I enjoy working here, but be prepared for an all male management team and an 80% male sales force. They have tried to recently hire more women on the sales floor, but due to the hours required to be successful and the fact that many women are required by their families, many women do not succeed. There are limited opportunities for women to advance as main leadership does not respect women; can be very sexist. On the other side, since it is 100% commissions, you are able to leave to take care of your family should you need to. Just know there’s not much given by way of vacation time and time away from the store means no money in your pocket. I see many women and men fail here because they do not manage their time properly. You have to arrive early or stay late to take care of “housekeeping” duties such as calling customers, etc, so that you can maximize your selling time on the floor. Otherwise, you won’t be successful at Mathis.

Being retail, it is difficult to be flexible as needs of business dictate floor coverage. However, they did allow me to temporarily move to another department at the end of my pregnancy to rest and prepare at the end of my delivery despite my lack of doctor’s orders to do so. They then let me return to my original sales position after my leave.

I was offered short term disability and received 60% of my pay while on leave for 6 weeks. I took 8 weeks of leave so had 2 weeks unpaid. The leave process was easy and uncomplicated.

Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flexible with work and family commitments - some really great partners.

The Clinton Foundation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great organization overall. For new mothers, there are "Mother Rooms" all through the organization for those women to access.

Brown Clinic Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They treat you very well when you first start. During my time there I got married and had my first child. My husband called me and said that my newborn child was having problems breathing and that he got her in right away at the clinic I was working at. I found someone to cover for me and went to the appointment with him. They wrote me up for doing this. Then, a few weeks after, I took a low census. They tried calling me the day that I took this low census and I was giving my child a bath and didn't hear my phone. I called them back within an hour later and they said that already had someone else covering it. Then, they called me into their office later that day and said that I could bring my child with me. I found someone to watch my child and I went in there and they said that it wasn't working out. This were just main things regarding my pregnancy and raising my first child in this environment that would make me not recommend this company. Before I went on maternity leave, they treated me decent. After I got back, they treated me like everything I did was wrong and tore me apart. I wasn't the first person that they did this to and I will more than likely not be the last.

Prospect 33 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

i worked here for a small amount of time however had a great experience. they are definitely focusing on having a goof balance of M/F employees plus they have this associate program that has a special focus on Women in leadership. About the pay- their business model is different so it depends a lot on how well you can negotiate.