Affymetrix

www.affymetrix.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Affymetrix to join us.

Appcast Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Great opportunity to learn and grow, compensation is equal to effort, tendency to elevate the performance of some over the performance of others.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Tenable Network Security Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Growing company - benefits improving as we grow. Recent Parental leave program added.

Mercury Insurance Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.3

Stay away. Will take at least another decadd to see adequate promotion in pay/title.

Navy Federal Credit Union Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.7

There are many women in leadership, the health benefits and 401k matching are great, but the company's maternity leave and telecommuting policies leave a lot to be desired.

Some departments are better than others for telecommuting, but it is overall very disappointing.

space150 Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Generally speaking this employer is good at supporting families. The work schedule is flexible and no one scoffs at you needing to be out due to a sick kid. Although there are only 2 women VPs, there are a lot of female leaders one tier down. There is also a history of female leaders at the company.

Maternity leave is currently based on Short Term Disability.

Timothy's World Coffee Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great environment that really values it's employees.

Orange County Sheriff's Department Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I have worked here for 4 years and it is a very pro-female environment. Our Sheriff is a woman and we are actively working on raising our number of women from 11% to as high as we can get it. The administration is supportive of all its employees. They listen to our suggestions and change things based on what we suggest. It is a male-dominated profession, but as long as you work hard and have good officer safety (don't worry, they will train you on all you need to know) it is a very rewarding job and your gender really does not matter. All people here care about is if you do your job well. It's pretty motivating to work with such great partners. Our administration has actively been asking us women what we want to see in our department and how we can change to be more attractive to other women. I know that I can promote as high up as I want in this department because I can see all the women who have gone before me. I am not worried that taking off 3 months for maternity leave will hinder my career. I know my job will be waiting for me at the other end, and my future will be just as bright as before I took my leave.

DIGO Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

N/A

Walkabout Collaborative Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

As a start-up I would have told myself to double the amount of savings reserved before generating income from the business. Other women should know that we are building a company to help people build the professional lives they want.