Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at After-School All-Stars to join us.

IQ Essay Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I would tell that I'm glad to work at this employer

Nexgen Packaging Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flexible employer but maternity benefits are poor. Company doesn't offer paid maternity leave.

Coffman Engineers Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They try, they really do. But at the end of the day there are just too many men with partners at home who take care of the home and the family for them to understand what it's like to try to balance home and family. Several of the higher ups even have families (some of them have large families) but they still work and don't take family time or vacations.

There's a lot of talk of flexibility but the reality is that most of the employees are men with partners at home who take care of everything for them. So even if you come in early to put in 12-15 hours before 4pm to be at pick up on time, you still get the evil eye for leaving "early". When you use your vacation, you get snide comments covered up by jokes. Employees stand around comparing comp time hours - most of them have triple digits and end up having to cash out vs. taking the hours. Those employees are praised. Employees with less than triple digits are mocked.

Omnicom Health Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

Direct boss is very important. Generally benefits are great. Still have a ways to go with maternity leave/nursing facilities but a lot of flexibility upon return to work.

Amazing ability to create the role/hours you want if you are a top performer.

HackerRank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

All that matters is taking a seat at the table. If you do not take a seat, they won't invite you. It's up to you.

Gift Card Impressions Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

They have high expectations, but aren't willing to pay you what you're worth.

Alaska Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

Get to know people, find common ground, and trust your instincts. It doesn't take an Einstein to figure out the definition of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Company rolled out "unlimited time off" in 2016. Pros: Family emergencies and maternity leave is treated very delicately. Cons: Approval and review of "appropriate" leave time for unregulated absences is left up to manager discretion based on requirements of your position within your work group (e.g. don't bank on going to your daughter's high school graduation if it's bad timing for your unconcerned boss).

Cultivate greater employee trust by providing clear and transparent alignment with shared values and developing a collaborative (vs. combative) leadership culture.

ThisWeek Community News Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years and most of the women are in predominantly in support roles. The ratio of women to men is 70 percent men and 30 percent women. Women are NOT treated fairly as management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to have their voices heard. Most feedback falls on deaf ears. Suggestions by men get implemented while suggestions by women do not. Women are repeatedly passed over for promotion in favor of a less or non-qualified man. This has happened to me personally. I was passed over for promotion in favor of a less qualified man. I had years of leadership experience garnered from the military and this person (my current immediate boss) did not. Nor was he qualified in the digital content arena. His knowledge was only print. Yet he was elevated to Digital Managing Editor over me (the more qualified person) in 2010. Now I've had to put up with his ineptitude for 4 years (I spent one of those years deployed so that doesn't count 2011-2012). I have only stayed there since due to necessity. I cannot quit as I need what little money I get and I needed the health ins to pay for my recent knee surgery and recovery because the VA refused even though it was service-connected. My recovery is almost complete. I have one more checkup and I'll be released. So then I'll be free to quit this extremely toxic workplace for women and minorities to go somewhere where I will be able to utilize my leadership skills, contribute to the mission/big picture, make a difference and have job and life satisfaction. Nothing will change here. It is most certainly a dead end. No opportunity for growth, no perks, no work-balance (I work 70 hrs a week and get paid for 40). I know as a combat veteran I deserve better!

Pro Football Hall of Fame Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are no women in Executive positions and there is a definite advantage to being male. The company offers no paid maternity leave. It is a boys club with some females in lower/mid management but very few.

Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The environment is not good for minorities. There's been multiple lawsuits over the years for unlawful termination and discrimination that have been settled out of court. Bullying and lateral violence goes on unchecked. Lots of rumor spreading and they will ding you on your performance review but not address it directly with you before- when you can possibly do something. God forbid you are smart, because your peers will mow you down. Very passive aggressive environment. The CEO does these "fireside chats" which are nothing but gossip mining endeavors to dig up dirt about employees with the guise of connecting with the "common folk".