Albright-Knox Art Gallery

www.albrightknox.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Albright-Knox Art Gallery to join us.

Rootefy International Pvt. Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I joined Rootefy as a Content Writer and now i am a Senior Content Writer for Marketing and other promotional activities. Great place to work and learn new things

New York Institute of Technology Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Check which campus you are working with, as the Long Island campus and the New York City campus have different cultural standards.

Lek Securities Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Do not work here. it is not a woman friendly place

its very much a "boys club"

Beacon Health Options Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

They are not family friendly. While there are lots of women in leadership positions, there is very little flexibility from my department head (a man) in terms of work hours, remote working, or schedule shifting for family related emergencies. Or if there is you are retaliated against for using it. It's discriminatory. To make it worse myet supervisor (female) commits feminist crime by not supporting her female employees and being out for herself.

All paid leave was PTO or short term disability, not actual company paidoes leave. Had I not had PTO and elected to enroll in the short term disability benefit it would have all been unpaid

I select multiple options....work life balance and improve family leave (from nonexistent existent to existent!)

Wegmans Food Market Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a great place to work for full timers. No benefits for part timers as it's difficult to get 30 hours per week!

Central Penn College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great work environment, but room for career growth is limited.

Ford Motor Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.6

Get ready to fight to prove that your engineering degree and years of experience are worth as much as your male counterpart. It's a "man's world" in engineering and product development so you're on your own! I enjoyed working in the automotive industry and the challenges it provided, but Ford let me go immediately after my maternity leave. How's that for supporting women in the work force?

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Aaronson, Rapaport, Feinstein & Deutsch LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

i have been at the firm for nearly 4 years. I think they are a little shortsighted about the future. The (all male) equity partners are more concerned with protecting their bonuses than developing a firm and leaving a legacy. Although the managing partner is a woman, she does not have significant power as compared to the equity partners.

Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow, Garrett & Dunner, LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

As with most law firms, at Finnegan it's all about who you work for. I worked for some particularly challenging partners, but they exist everywhere. I faced no issues from partners because of my pregnancy. They were still trying to give me work the week before I went out on maternity leave, but at other firms, I've had the opposite problem (i.e., at another firm, once people found out I was pregnant, it was very difficult to be staffed on new cases).