Alcatel-Lucent http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Alcatel-Lucent?
serendipity

It is a great place to learn and to be aware of innovation. There are programs in place to promote in diversity, but still is challenging to achieve work-life balance

Lady Softwaredev

Women are in leadership positions here when they want them. Very fair and liberal.

Not sure about family leave policies
Lady Tcolor

Work in a division or group where you can identify at least a few women in the leadership ranks. There are stark differences between the top leaders at this company (and probably any large multinational) when it comes to how they perceive and work with women, and it all flows through. I have been with the company over 10 years and had some incredible mentors and been given great opportunities and really enjoyed it. But I am also a typical Type A who has consistently put in crazy hours, made personal sacrifices etc, and made sure I was earning my keep. I do believe that anyone in upper management should be working their tails off and earning their keep though! In general the European and Asian leadership is more female friendly - but this has changed over the years and varies at the country level, and will change again with the Nokia acquisition no doubt. Always look for bosses with daughters - its been proven in multiple studies to be key and I've certainly observed it here. This is a tech company and like any tech company the hours are long, the pressure is high, and there are no guarantees. Its a company that's been battling to stay alive so everyone is under enormous pressure. Finally, its a company that has a culture that values deep knowledge and competency as well as hard work- for some that's great (I have loved that), but its definitely taxing.

Really depends on which group you are in - its a very large multinational and there are many tribes and subcultures. Some of the leadership are really excellent with women, while others are really not. My advice to all women in large companies is to look for bosses with daughters.
Tough Girl

There are areas of the company where there are more women in senior management, I would shoot for those.

Women Review Alcatel-Lucent for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Alcatel-Lucent by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4 stars, based on 4 reviews Company Website serendipity Lady Softwaredev Lady Tcolor Tough Girl