Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Alert Logic to join us.

RealMassive Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Sometimes the startup culture can be "broish," creating an uncomfortable environment for women.

Not for Pay, Hiring

The California State PTA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Working for the PTA is a great resume builder, especially if you serve on the executive board.

TG Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you are considering having a family this is not the environment for you.

NGP VAN Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Long hours and lower pay than corporate jobs, but good people with a good mission

MediaMonks Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The culture is very male-driven and is lenient towards frat-house humor that is not appropriate for a workplace setting.

Medivation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 5 years. There are many women who work here in support, management, and leadership roles. Despite being a company in the health field, they inexplicably do not offer any paid maternity leave benefits. They rely solely on the California state laws (FMLA, etc.). I haven't had to take maternity leave yet, but it seems that women are not harshly penalized for taking leave. Most women take about 3-4 months (most of which is covered at only 60% of your salary by FMLA).

Calvin Klein Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked at Calvin Klein for many years, always in administrative support. Men are in most of the leadership positions. HR holds up the one or two women in upper management as examples of equality. But on the executive floor, the only women are in support roles. Most women never go higher than VP. Any woman applying for a position at this company should know what industry standard compensation is for the position, she will have to negotiate for a better salary than the minimum. Maternity leave is better than some - 6 weeks for vaginal birth, 8 weeks for c-section paid leave, plus up to 12 weeks unpaid leave (per Family Medical Leave Act when I went on maternity leave). If you are a nursing mother and need to pump, the facilities are sub-par. The one available room in the building I worked in was an unfinished closet with barely enough room for a chair and a small table. There are now new offices in a different building and the room available to pump is much nicer with a couch and a window. I do not believe there is more than one, I hope this has been updated. My manager while I was a nursing mother called me into their office to discuss the time I was away from my desk and to remind me that any time I spent pumping breast milk was not personal time, so I shouldn't treat it as such. The benefits are solid and most of the people are professional and pretty wonderful. That being said, it was always my feeling based on numerous incidents that institutionalized sexism was rampant in spite of any women in Manager, Director and VP positions.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Impinj Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is little to no female leadership and I did not feel I was given opportunities to advance. I would have had to wait for the old white men to retire.

DineEquity Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The men in this industry rule and it is very difficult for a woman to get ahead and do the kinds of things that the men do. Such as lead groups and even belong to a group that is leading the Company. This is not a woman friendly bunch. They are prejudiced and they all like to drink too much and then its too much testorine....lol