Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Altera Corp to join us.

Children's Coalition for Northeast Louisiana Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great all-female mission-based place to work, but be careful of office cliques

Weinberg, Roger & Rosenfeld Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Strong women in leadership and Intellectually and Emotionally supportive managers.

Charter Schools USA Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

You'll be in good company. Most of the people I worked with at my school were women.

Troy Design & Manufacturing Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

September 2016

There is low diversity in this company with mostly man in leadership positions.

Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Family friendly in general but varies greatly depending on position.

United Talent Agency Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Although this is typically a business dominated by men, UTA is a female-friendly place to work. If you work hard, you can make your own hours as you make your way up the latter.

Schneider Electric Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company is in engineering and manufacturing space, so naturally (maybe not naturally, but historically naturally) it is dominated by men. I have mostly men coworkers, but the culture is amazing and I have never once felt anything other than respect. The company is VERY large, though, so my experience may just be the great group I work in (Energy Solutions). Also, worth noting, is teh client base can be ... somewhat less than appealing. The client base can be some fairly salty indivduals, and I live/work in the south, so it can be a bit much. That being said, the company is extremely supposrtive and does not have an air of tolerance for any less than appropriate behavior.

Suntrust Robinson Humphrey Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While it is a typically male-dominated industry, this company is aware of their standing and conscious of modernizing and moving towards more contemporary attitudes on inclusion.

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Muscular Dystrophy Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of women that work here, I would say the field offices are predominately women. However, most of the higher level roles are filled by men. Most people have not gotten raises in five years, but extra vacation days were given. My office is great about balancing home and work life, but that is not the case for all offices. Comp time depends office to office and that is something I would ask about.