Altria Group, Inc.

3.6

"this company can be great - it all depends on where you work and who you work for. I always say that I love the people who work here and that is why it is a great place to work but there can be people and sometimes managers that don't make it a great place. you have to speak up, challenge each other, and work for what you want so that you can get it."
Associate Manager,
"it really depends on your manager and department in which you work and what you ask for"
"we have a short-term disability policy (6 weeks) and then parental leave (6 weeks) for both mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents. our company counts both our STD and parental leave together "
Would you recommend Altria Group, Inc. to other women?
"They are accelerating a very certain small number of women for optics, and are not only creating backlash amongst the whole company, but leaving most women behind, as they are just trying to prove a point with a few selected women at this point. It's still very much a culture where you have to fill a mold where you have to say the exact right things at the right time. It also has a lot to do with age. Once you miss your open window, it is gone forever. And they only hire you entry level with very limited ability to advance. If you are past the age of 25, forget about joining - it is already over, as they want to only recruit from colleges for desirable cities. However, if you are fine with just being entry level, there are great perks such as maternity leave and a flexible schedule."
Would you recommend Altria Group, Inc. to other women?
"Unless you fit their exact mold of a leader they do not promote "
Territory Sales Manager, Sales
Would you recommend Altria Group, Inc. to other women?
"I have worked here for 8 years. Great company. Good diversity and corporate culture"
Territory sales manager, Sales
Would you recommend Altria Group, Inc. to other women?
"I've worked here for 8 years and there are a lot of women working here, but predominantly in entry level and middle management roles. Generally I believe they are treated fairly but upper management is male-dominated and not diverse, which makes it tougher for women to "network" with them. Mid-level women don't seem to advance because of these subtle issues. Also, while maternity leave is generous here I think women are judged by some colleagues and managers for taking the full time."
Unit Manager, N/A