American Girl

www.americangirl.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at American Girl to join us.

United States General Services Administration Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a significant number of women in leadership roles at this agency and plenty of promotion potential- the agency tends to be a bit top heavy in my opinion. From my personal experience I did feel appreciated by my employer and for those that work hard, they do invest in you and give you opportunities to reach your greatest potential.

within the past 7 years GSA has expanded it’s telework program to 4 days a week which has been a huge motivator in getting people to stay at the agency long term. Since the regional headquarters are often located in the central business district the telework policy makes it possible for working moms to move out to the suburbs where housing is not as costly, daycare is not as costly, the school districts are far superior, and crime rates are lower.

Distribute the workload responsibilities more fairly. The salary, while competitive, doesn’t seem fair when not everyone in the agency carriers equal weight. There are some individuals who have “cushy jobs” - very little responsibilities within this agency verses others who are held to a much higher standard, who have the responsibility of spending millions of tax dollars, who are interfacing with clients and high level officials and are given little support to do their jobs. Too many “behind the scenes” jobs and not enough individuals who do the real mission work of the agency. It’s not that there’s a staffing problem, it’s that management isn’t utilizing their workforce efficiently and even years and years of multiple hiring freezes and workforce reduction through attrition hasn’t changed this. Those that excel at their jobs are rewarded with more work and experience burnout.

Kinnelon Medical & Wellness Associates Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you can handle being disrespected on a daily basis this is the job for you. If you cannot, then I don't recommend working here.

Very unprofessional. Chiropractor who owns the business is very disrespectful towards women and will openly talk down to you in front of patients. He is prejudice when hiring and will not hire anyone who is pregnant or who has a family because he wants his business to come first.

Canadian Consulate In New York Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2016

Upper management is now all women (compared to 50% when I worked there). Fantastic role models and flexibility was provided as most women have children and are understanding of emergencies that come up and work/life balance. Great culture of inclusion. I can't comment on parental leave as I was in a temporary position.

Better opportunities for locally engaged staff. Unfortunately, this is a pervasive problem that is mainly an issue of policy change at headquarters in Ottawa.

The Florida Center for Early Childhood Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

October 2016

The pay isn't good but the culture is mostly supportive.

I wish I could have stayed home for a year with at least some time paid.

Benefitfocus Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great place to work! There are several women in leadership positions here. Work-life balance depends on what department you are in; you may work a lot of hours, but I've never been denied the flexibility to leave to pick up a sick child or take days off to spend time with my family. There is no maternity leave, which I think is a huge lack in the company's benefits (especially with the number of women at the company having children).

No paid employer leave. I took STD and used vacation/sick time for the remainder of my time off.

Stratford University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Interestingly, most management rolls are either white males or women of color. I generally felt I was treated fairly- both of the sexual harassment complaints I filed were handled well. Recently this employer has started promoting people on an indefinite'trial basis.' Basically you do the work but don't get the pay raise.

Cosmoprof Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think you're treated fairly but it's all licensed beauticians and very strong personalities so if you don't like strong women/people this is not the place for you

Nationwide Mutual Insurance Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.1

On the surface and in some areas, it's a great company for women. Strong policies and HR team help. But at higher levels, there is a sense of a boys club. Look at the senior leaders, no women reporting to CEO except legal and HR....support functions but no women with P&L responsibility. That "women as support" mentality permeates. Regardless of level, try being the only woman in a meeting and not be expected to be the one to take notes. Mid-level male execs wear dress slacks and oxfords most days--jackets, ties, suits occassionally. Women are in skirts and jackets or suits almost every day of the week.

Symantec Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

July 2015

I worked here for 7 years, and outside the engineering organization, there are a fair number of women working here. The Company has experienced a lot of disruption due to the CEO changes, splitting up of Symantec/Veritas, etc. That being said, there is good work/life balance and majority of colleagues are solid people.

Sempra Energy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

They need to better define their leave policies