Ancestry.com www.ancestry.com

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Ancestry.com ?

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Ancestry.com to join us.

In the meantime, see recently reviewed companies in the same industry:

Amazon

3.1
38%say women are treated fairly
32% would recommend
12/7/16, 6:21 AM

You have to be very aggressive and protect your boundaries to spend time with your family. This will likely limit your ability to move up though.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Birchbox

75% would recommend
11/28/16, 3:14 PM

Great place to work! 65% female workplace with high rate of female leadership! Lots of flexibility and compassion to take care of family and childhood needs.

STD covered some of the unpaid time

Amazon

3.1
38%say women are treated fairly
32% would recommend
11/27/16, 8:35 PM

Consider another employer unless you are willing to sacrifice work over family -there is little respect for family time off /a double standard for women at Amazon. It's a super hard environment in general but tougher if you are in senior roles and balancing a family. Be prepared to work 60 hour weeks.

Culture is male dominated-needs to change from to mgmt or hiring won't be successful

Google

3.8
57%say women are treated fairly
65% would recommend
11/26/16, 6:05 AM

Pretty great as a full-time employee. I've heard less positive reviews from TVCs.

Google

Facebook

58%say women are treated fairly
84% would recommend
11/24/16, 7:33 PM

Policy towards women varies so much depending on your manager. My last manager ignored systematic bullying and told me he doesn't see gender, it's all merit based *eye roll*. New manager is female and have a shocking 20% women in my org, and can feel the difference. But, discrepancies between orgs are not investigated, there are very few women in leadership roles, especially in engineering, bro culture is strong and in anonymous discussions, things like whether women are actually worse at engineering than men have been openly discussed. Doesn't do much to inspire trust in my male colleagues. Despite tons of diversity promotion, the stats have changed very little. While I realise this is endemic in the valley, it makes a lot of FB's diversity work seem hollow and more about publicity.

Facebook

0.0
%say women are treated fairly
100% would not recommend
11/24/16, 7:33 PM

Samba TV

11/11/16, 7:38 PM

They CARE about their people. They care about their business. They care about their impact on the world.

Spotify

0%say women are treated fairly
11/1/16, 2:51 PM

Good work life balance, but sad to see nearly no women at the top. Still a boys club with very little ethnic diversity

PowerToFly

10/25/16, 8:51 PM

Company founded by women and championing more women getting into competitive tech and leadership jobs.