Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Anderson Kill P.C. to join us.

Siemens Plm Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2018

Great for non-administrative roles. These are treated as archaic positions. Women in sales, marketing seem to have a fair shot for promotion.

LeFleur Transportation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

December 2017

Was a great opportunity, but employed the ood old boy southern ethic to some extent.

Company closed.

Cerner Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

December 2017

Cerner is a fantastic place to work if you can stick it out for the first few years. It isn't the type of place were they offer flexible schedule to a new employee unless you worked that out with your manager first or you are hired onto a senior team. If you work there for a few years, you can build the rapport with your manager or find a manager that may allow flexible schedules or working from home. I'm fortunate that I am allowed to work 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM during the week and jump on for an hour or two at night to catch up if I've missed anything. I have worked at Cerner for 6+ years though. If my child is sick, I can work from home with her here. Cerner has a fantastic maternity navigation program while you are pregnant. They offer classes onsite, help you navigate all the stages of pregnancy and early motherhood. I do agree they could have a more competitive paid maternity leave as right now it is only 6 or 8 weeks paid through Short Term Disability. After you give birth, you can attend free lactation consultations. Also Cerner offers very nice mother rooms at most of their campus'. Overall I would recommend this company to other women.

Once you've worked at Cerner for a few years, you can find roles that are more flexible than others. Most the people I work with have children including my boss. I'm allowed to work from home if needed and shape my working hours around my children's drop off/pick up schedule. I've worked here for 6+ years though. In my early career years, it was less flexible.

I had a c-section so 8 weeks were paid for Short Term Disability. Then I had to use 4 weeks of saved PTO for the remaining weeks. Unfortunately many women at Cerner have to take unpaid leave if they don't have enough PTO saved.

Best Buy Co., Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Best Buy corporate is a great place to be pregnant or be a mom who needs to pump. They have secure mother's rooms in each tower at corporate. On my team, my supervisors were flexible about doctor's appointments, flexible on maternity leave, flexible on breaks for pumping, flexible on start/end time because of kid drop off/pick up. Pretty much all of my teammates had kids, so if you got that call during the day that your kid was sick and needed to be picked up *right now*, they were understanding and it was not a big deal to leave. I had to be on bed rest for part of one of my pregnancies, and was allowed to work from home for like, a month and a half. My only mild complaint is that I know that compensation on my team was not that great, and it was tough to advance -- for contractors and employees. Due to such great work-life balance, there was not much turnover on our team and I think a lot of people were willing to forgo higher wages (or maybe people had been on the team for so long they weren't aware of what their market rate should be). Despite that, it was still an amazing place to work. My goal is to return someday!

I was a contractor at corporate. The general rule on our team was that, as long as you let your supervisor know ahead of time about needing to be out of the office and as long as you got your work done, they were flexible. Work from home was to be used sparingly, though.

I was a contractor at corporate, so any time I didn't work, I didn't get paid -- hence, no paid maternity leave. I know employees have some maternity leave benefits. So, it was my decision to take off for 4 months. Even though I was a contractor, my supervisor was willing to work with me to re-hire me as a contractor after my leave. I did that twice.

Envisage Group Ltd Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They are going to railroad you no matter what, so start out with your furthest boundaries and stay as firm as you can

Homecare Homebase Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If your a woman of color, please make sure you can code switch very well. Never feel you can be yourself fully as you will be dinged and have many mental games played with you by upper management to break you. If your white then be someone who is trendy and cute and you will go far.

Saint Martin's University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a very difficult organization to work for. Make sure your role specifically, compensation, and benefits are worth the stress that you will indeed face.

IBT Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

RUN FAR FAR AWAY. If you like abusive management and men who consistently degrade women unabashedly, then this is the place for you.

Competitor Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for more than six years. Until recently, the company had an entirely male executive team, but has since gotten a new CEO, women on the executive team and a new HR director. The company is probably 90% people in their 20s and 30s, and most positions require travel. Most people stay here for the cool job (putting on races, making magazines), rich health benefits and awesome coworkers. The company feels constantly unstable financially however, and the turnover rate is quite high. Not every department or role has much room for advancement. For maternity leave, employees receive nothing from the company--HR only does what is required by law in the state of California and nothing more. There's not a great work-life balance promoted in the culture, but certain departments seem to have found it (mainly depends on your boss).

Valley Baptist Health System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Network within the company. Female friends are necessary. I would like to see more females supporting each other.