Andreessen Horowitz

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Andreessen Horowitz to join us.

Stanford Health Care Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is some divisiveness amongst women in this organization; this can be something difficult to overcome. I believe this is due to the competitive nature of the corporate world.

Seem like most flexibility is given to those at mid to upper levels of the organization. I was working at the entry level end and did not feel that much flexibility existed with requests for days off.

University Of New Mexico Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

UNM doesn't offer any paid leave. Employees must use accrued Annual Leave in conjunction with FMLA if they wish to be paid.

Maybe. Overall working here has been a decent experience. Recently I've been "talked to" about the way that I dress, even though my attire/style hasn't changed in the five years I've worked here. I suddenly feel singled out and a bit slut-shamed. So while I would recommend UNM as a whole, the Division of HR is not supportive of personal expression.

Manhattan Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

Great place to work. Good benefits, paid maternity leave and take good care of employees

Council Of Fashion Designers Of America Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Great office enviornment, tons of autonomy and room for idea generation.

Sunglass Hut Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2016

Don't be afraid to ask for what you want and be clear from the start!

Specialized Bicycle Co. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The cultural is very competitive and face-time is everything. There is not a lot of flexibility in the organization to work from home or take time when needed.

Minuteman Senior Sevices Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Managed by women for the most part. Human services. People are generally kind to each other and the management can be very flexible. However, there have been some astounding lapses in terms of individual issues so talk to the hiring manager about their philosophy. In general very female friendly.

Maybe. Yes. But beware of workload. They try to be for ink and often succeed, but it seems to be related to your particular supervisor. Also, who can go home if you have a huge caseload?

Henderson County, North Carolina Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a county based EMS (emergency medical service) and you would expect some protection working for a government entity. Think again! I was 29, married and ready to expand my family. My husband and I sat down with our finances and my medical records and decided we wanted to start to try for a baby. I saw all of my doctors the following weeks to prepare them and myself for pregnancy. I contact my health insurance company to find out how much in deductible and co-insurance we would owe. We waited an additional month to mull over the idea of becoming parents. Then we tried, and bam, first try! I was pregnant. I am a county paramedic with heavy lifting, stressful situations, and possible physical danger. Other women where I work were able to get whatever accommodations they had asked for in the past, however, we now had a new boss. I was a high risk pregnancy from the start because of some medical conditions. Little did I know that after I went off the truck (ambulance) and into light duty (safe desk job), I would only get 4 weeks. Despite the 8 ft high by 12 ft across stack of boxes that needed to be sorted, I was told there was no more light duty left for me and sent home and told to consider the 4 weeks a gift since I was originally going to be given 3 weeks. I went off the ambulance at 23 weeks and I left work altogether at 27 weeks. I had only requested a total of 12 weeks of light duty and I knew there was plenty to be done. I was denied the additional 8 weeks, and told that my FMLA will run out shortly after the baby gets here and I may lose my job all together. Additionally, if I wanted to keep my job, I better get back to work as soon as possible to not "force" them into replacing me. This was their accommodation to me. I ended up very sick and in the ICU after my pregnancy. I feel the added stress of possibly losing my job played a roll in my seriously bad pregnancy. Although my husband and I consulted everyone we could think of before trying to get pregnant, apparently we forgot to ask my boss if it was a good time for him. I foolishly assumed since the other women had accommodations, I would too. I was wrong. We consulted 2 attorneys who basically said in North Carolina it is a right to hire/right to fire state and they can do whatever they want. After my son was born 5 weeks premature and in the NICU and the doctors and nurses had heroically saved my life, I decided to forget putting my company first and run the risk of losing my job and stay out the full 3 months for a total of 20 weeks without pay, a serious financial blow to my family with a new baby. I had now taken the "full" 12 weeks other women had (under FMLA) with my newborn before placing him in daycare, though thankfully my parents helped out and daycare was not often needed. I eventually went part time there, and now a full time mom, but that is only because we can afford to do that with my husbands salary now. I am a lucky person to be able to do that. Some are not so lucky and I feel their pain.

Maybe. Depends on what your want out of this career field.

The Knowledge Academy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

They will ask you to cut your pay rate or won't pay travel expenses if they don't have enough people registered. You CAN decline the class in this case, but that means no work... You're on your own when you're teaching, which for me is ok. Sometimes they confirm the class very late and can't get the materials sent to the site in time. This means running to a print shop and having the materials printed, bound etc.; they do reimburse for the materials, but not your time and trouble of doing this.

Maybe. No way to tell if others are treated fairly because we're all contract employees

Rent-A-Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2015

I worked here for 2 years and there are almost no women that work here. Women are not treated equally here you seldom if ever see women rise above store level management.