Arc of New Jersey Inc

www.arcnj.org/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Arc of New Jersey Inc to join us.

Wisconsin Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Best of Luck! If you are lucky you can find a woman mentor who can help you navigate!

Return path Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

If you work hard and own your career path, you can get to wherever you are going!

TMP Worldwide, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As a female led organization, the company is very supportive of women being treated equally across all functions.

AECOM Technology Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Make sure STEM makes you happy. AECOM is alright overall, good benefits.

Everyone here works full time. There are no women in my office, to my knowledge, that exercise flexible hours.

Cheniere Energy, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be prepared to drink from the fire hydrant. This company (in some departments) does not provide any semblance of work-life balance.

Not for Promotion, Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Tampa General Hospital Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Have to use vacation time for maternity leave and holidays.

Vacation/sick hours must be used for maternity leave. For my first child, I had enough hours to be paid for my 12 week leave. I only had enough hours for about 6 weeks for my second child (4 years later).

Kirkland & Ellis LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here as a corporate associate for a few years. I think women are generally treated fairly and I don't think there is a disparity in responsibility, respect, etc. - particularly at the associate level. However, as mid-level women advance (both in their personal lives and careers), I think they are generally less successful at making the step to non-share or share partner (than men). The M&A group maintains an "up or out" structure, so you'll see VERY few female share partners (the odds aren't great for men, either, but numerically there are far more men than women at the top). The debt finance group, on the other hand, will let women stay on as non-share partners for a much longer period of time. I believe this is the case in other groups too, such as litigation and IP. However, I'm not sure if that's actually good or bad - it's great not to have to find another job 10 years in, but it takes you off the share partner track and relegates you to a lesser position with a glass ceiling. Maternity and leave policies are fantastic - definitely have kids here, if you can - and then leave for a place with better work/life balance! While it's hard to "have it all" anywhere, I'm sure every woman at K&E has heard stories of (or personally experienced) the challenges of the long hours and the toll it takes on families - full time nannies, backup nannies, daycare + backup nannies, missed sports events/dance recitals, etc. Some women seem to be fine with that and salaries are high enough to make it economically feasible, but I just don't think I could ever love a job enough to miss out on most of my child's life.

Richemont Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a company with many women in senior roles however the top management is predominantly male. I worked in a retail store within the group and unfortunately their attitudes toward breastfeeding were pretty dismal (for example, I was provided a storage closet within which to pump, with no lock on the door and was walked in on SIX times before they finally agreed to put a lock on the door). Given that we worked on commission, any time spent off the sales floor to pump - or eat for that matter! - would count against us as it was potential lost revenue.

Grady Health System Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I enjoy working here because of the amazing service we provide to our community. There are far more women than men employed here. That being said, the policies do not specifically support women. There is no easily accessible or publicized information on how they specifically make the workplace friendly to women. Short Term Disability was recently improved but still caps at $1000 a week which is not 60% of a mid-level or higher salary. No designated pumping areas or time allotted to it. No paid maternity leave.

Wellesley College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a lot of politics at the college, which seems to stem from a history of bad relationships among various directors and other people in leadership roles between departments. Definitely do your research about the specific department culture (and any others with whom you'd be working) beforehand. Your ability to take flex time or work from home days depends on your supervisor - these arrangements are often approved at the department-level and not formally established through Human Resources. Women working at the college for less than 12 months who are seeking maternity leave only receive 8 weeks of unpaid leave - which must be used all at once or forfeited otherwise - which is what is mandated by state law (this would cover paternity leave as well). Women with at least a year of employment receive 6 weeks of paid leave plus 6 weeks of unpaid leave; however, they are required to exhaust any accrued paid time off (vacation, sick, personal) during the unpaid leave time; you are given the option to use the total 12 weeks all at once or throughout the first year following the birth of your child. There is also very little transparency about pay ranges - the college does not list them, even for specific titles, and even within departments you are likely to discover that someone with the same title and comparable role as you is making as much as a 50% difference in salary. The vast majority of employees are female, which is what makes all of these policies all the more surprising. Finally, there is very little diversity at the leadership level.