Arkansas Business

www.arkansasbusiness.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Arkansas Business to join us.

IHS Markit Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Men are all at top management and it is very old boys network--bullying is common

Looker Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Ton of room to grow. Cooperative environment. great coworkers. great place

Blue Ridge Partners Management Consulting, LLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be cautious and go into this company with eyes wide open. A lot of the work is extremely interesting, and the shorter nature of most engagements means you'll get a lot of experience, fast! Most of your coworkers will also be very friendly and collaborative. I have generally had a very positive experience in that sense, and I have grown substantially as a consultant. It is particularly notable that a small firm like Blue Ridge would have such a strong training and performance management program - we have an abundance of online and in-person courses, and most are top-notch. However, it's probably not a coincidence that our leadership team (managing directors and principals) is very white and male, with only 1 female. Working from home can offer great flexibility that would appeal to women in theory, but perhaps because we play in the PE space, the work, hours, and travel are much less predictable than they might be at a bigger consulting firm. Keep in mind that most of the senior men have stay-at-home spouses, which may explain why they don't seem to make an effort to make projects more predictable. I don't know that there's discrimination per se (women are supported and do get promoted at similar rates to men), but I also don't think there's any particular sense of urgency to increase diversity. The topic of maternity leave comes up over and over, and the partners seem to brush it aside. As of now, there is no company-paid leave, which is disappointing and also makes our company very uncompetitive benefits-wise in the world of consulting. And if you decide to get out and join a bigger consulting firm with better benefits? Prepare for an uphill battle. We have a very vague non-compete agreement, which - despite its in enforceability in virtually any jurisdiction - the powers that be may use to intimidate you into staying and/or not taking a new role. Don't take the bait - hire a lawyer to draft a release agreement and move on gracefully. It'll be money well spent.

Since we don't have offices, there can be flexibility when you're working from home (e.g., can drop off/pick up kids, can do a doctor's appointment/errand during the day). However, I've ended up traveling A LOT more than I was told I would (almost every week) and it's very unpredictable - I usually don't know where/if I'm traveling until less than a week in advance. This can be quite stressful, and makes it hard to plan.

There isn't any paid maternity leave, unless you count partially-paid disability. However, there is fairly generous unpaid leave. One woman I know took 6 months.

Maybe. If you've already had kids or don't plan to, this might be a good fit - the maternity leave is only partial pay for 6 weeks (8 weeks for a C-section) through a disability policy. You can take more time than that, but it will be unpaid.

Compass Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Leadership should be more diverse.

Wind Creek Casino Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's a good place to work at if you are looking to work and need income. You can switch to another department after you have been working there for 6 months. So you definitely have a chance to go up the ladder. It's fun and exciting environment and you interact with so many individuals. If you are driven, people friendly, and have a get up and go attitude this would be the perfect job setting for you. To sum it up I'll say this it's not the best job in the world but then again, it's not the worst job either.

Maybe. I'm a server at the casino and right now my position isn't doing good on the casino floor as far as money wise. We pretty much live on our tips so it's hard making ends meet. It's a good place to come and work at they have excellent benefits/premiums. You wouldn't be able to get a raise either being a server there. I wouldn't recommend anyone to come work in my department but I would recommend them to apply in other areas of the casino as I'm looking to do so as well.

Santa Barbara City College Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

November 2016

The College is an excellent place to work. I am a part-time worker so I can't speak to FT benefits or family leave. However, the people and systems have been very accommodating to me. I feel fully supported, comfortable and have always been treated fairly. It is a beautiful campus, well run and compensation is decent. I highly recommend it. My department, in particular, is fantastic. I love going to work.

I'm an adjunct professor and wish there was more opportunity for full time faculty positions. However, I am realistic about the changing nature of higher ed. Tenure-track faculty jobs are rare and disappearing.

Blue Technologies, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Sakara Life Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Women run company - incredible place to work and incredibly supportive of women. Would recommend in a heartbeat.

Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is a good place to work.

Boston Properties Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Upper management is run mainly by men, working from home is non-existent.