Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Austin Community College to join us.

CUNY Graduate School of Journalism Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
1.5

July 2018

Watch out for female supervisor. There are some nice ppl left.

Stop supervisor bullying

Austin Fertility Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

June 2018

Have thick skin Believe in yourself Don’t fall for gaslighting Limit alone time, or keep witness with you

Eliminate verbal abuse and harassment.

University of Wisconsin-Stout Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

Great benefits, job security, vibrant campus life, friendly coworkers, reasonable compensation.

OppenheimerFunds Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.8

This company has goals to support women through a women's employee resource group

TravelClick Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is a ton of flexibility being an outside sales executive, but it's hard work with high goals.

DOS position - outside rep

Best Upon Request Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Best Upon Request walks the talk about work-life support. We are there for so many working moms and understand the challenges. That's why grace is given when team members need it, and flexibility for when life happens.

Combination of STD and PTO

IREX Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The company now offers 2 weeks paid parental leave, but most leave is taken as disability. I worked at the company for 2 years, then got pregnant. At first I received support from my supervisor, then he just seemed angry. It was very difficult time after I returned from leave. Because I am at a satellite office overseas, I was very isolated from the rest of the culture and support at the company. I think the company is generally very supportive of pregnant women, FMLA time, and the transition back to work, but it did not trickle down to the satellite office that I worked in. I was not allowed the flexibility I needed when my daughter was 4 months old, even though I was working at least 10+ hours a day exhausting myself to get certain projects ready. I am now pregnant again and making sure I involve the home office as much as possible, to try to avoid how harsh it was to return last time.

Facebook Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.1

June 2015

Women are 100% treated fairly.

Duke Clinical Research Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2015

Duke University has a great, well-deserved reputation for its academic excellence. Duke, overall, is also known to have great benefits which I can agree with, in general. However, the Duke Clinical Research Institute, or DCRI for short, falls under the School of Medicine and doesn't have nearly as great of a reputation. Yes, there are smart, well published faculty and impressive research work that has come out of this place but it's a dismal work experience complete with stale employees who have been there too long, forced hierarchies, overly authoritative management, a less than energetic vibe throughout the place and poor quality work. It's true what they say - - make it through that first 3 months of probation and you are a "keeper". You'll work incredibly hard during that first 3 months to prove yourself but once they pass you then you are considered to be a good asset. Now, be prepared to take tons of training classes and to work long hours if you are forced to train AND work on a project immediately out the gate. Beware of being "set up to fail". The DCRI is notorious for doing this to people and everyone will know you're being set up and you'll be the last to know. Advocate for yourself early but if you need your job and can't afford to lose it, then don't speak up too much during that first 3 months. They are not afraid to terminate people and take great pleasure in being able to do so during probation because after probation it is really hard to get someone fired (or, so I have heard). Quality is low and morale is even lower here. Management burned a lot of people a few years ago and people are still talking about it (even to new hires who haven't been on the job for a few weeks!). Senior management is not great. They will appear to advocate for you (one will always claim he is ready to "defend" you) but this is not always the case. Industry trials keep DCRI afloat. You'll learn this during the 1-week long Orientation (which is actually a very nice welcome). Government trials make no money here and these trials are known as slower than industry trials (the lesser talented folks have been known to be put on government trials). People are messing up on projects all the time and never lose their jobs. Staffing is a nightmare - - DCRI can't hire people fast enough or at all. So, tons of contractors are hired for way more money than the salaried employees. Some of these folks have been at DCRI for decades and so their poor performance is often overlooked by their loyalty time and time again. Management has encouraged the growth of a hostile environment (forcing others to talk to people in really mean ways) and then does very little to stop the bullying that occurs as a result of this hostility breeding. Most of the leadership of the top brass are men. Women then make up a better portion of the next layer of management. Blacks and minorities are not represented well in management at all. There are a number of black people who have been at this company for a decade or two and still remain at a low administrative level or not at the top of their job title. Bottomline advice: Work here if you absolutely need the job for money or experience. Then take what you have learned and find a great job at an amazing employer.

Perot Systems Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2015