Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at AvuTox to join us.

Extensis Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

February 2018

Do this for now and look for something better. unless you're applying for a senior role

Depends on your role. If you are in a disposable role (hra/payroll) inflexible unless your manager is cool and very flexible for people closer to the top.

ZACH Theatre Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Love this place, Love our purpose in the community, Love a majority of my colleagues. But the male head of production and the younger shop guys in his direct report make for a toxic environment. There is zero accountability for the men in terms of workplace behavior or professional attitude, however women in management positions are repeatedly told to be nicer in order to keep their jobs. Female driven departments have inherently lower starting salaries and salary caps then departments with more men in them, making the opportunity for growth stifling. The proper channels for reporting uncomfortable situations are not necessarily helpful - employees reporting misconduct by their direct manager have been told by higher ups to confront that manager directly with concerns in a one on one setting, a deeply uncomfortable alternative to healthy conflict resolution and one that ultimately leads to a he said-she said situation. I love Zach and really do want to see improvements. Baby steps are being taken, but it’s at an excruciatingly slow pace that ultimately doesn’t appear to be addressing the root of the problem. We need more.

Most of the inflexibility is relegated to Production departments. Admin is rarely stuck with the difficulties of taking time off and the inability to telecommute/adjust hours/etc. WHile I understand that a large part of the inflexibility comes from the nature of needing our presence backstage at specific show times, having a sub on standby or a plan in place for unexpected absences would be huge. As it is now, we can’t even get sick as there’s no one to cover us.

Maternity leave is currently not offered as a stand alone benefit. It is looped into your accumulated sick hours. While I appreciate that there is at least some option available, I find it troubling that I’m forced to refrain from taking sick time currently in case I decide to get pregnant in the future and need it.

Nuance Communications Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Set limits early and often... most of the leaders at Nuance are supportive of personal commitments, etc. in theory but you need to own your balance as they will let you work 24-7 if you are willing to do so. Set an expectation about after hours communications (i.e. I will check email 2x per night) and stick to it. Have an emergency communication plan (i.e. - call don't email) should something require your attention outside of the hours you've provided.

Nuance is an "in person" company and is very hard driving... super busy. Interesting work; great colleagues but it is very hard to try and balance personal priorities with work requirements.

Wilsonart Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Wilsonart is a design focused laminate manufacturer in Central, TX.

Community School of Music & Arts Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

If you have savings, or a partner that is making a good salary, or your expenses are minimal, taking on an instructor position with CSMA is wonderful. Working with the children is extremely rewarding, very supportive colleagues and majority women on staff, and you have access to excellent curriculum and resources which frees up your time and energy to focus on teaching.

Financial Industry Regulatory Authority Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The parental leave is excellent (13 weeks' paid). Once you return to work though, the parental leave is OVER. You're back to long hours.

Hayes Management Consulting Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I worked here for over 5 years and had a great experience. There are many women working within the company in various roles and at various levels. Many female consultants, HR employees, finance etc. There was plenty of room for growth/advancement. I did not have children while working here.

Conversant Media Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

While a rebrand and a pretty acquisition have given the company a refresh, there are old school & dated practices that directly reflect the treatment of women. There is little room to move up the rungs, despite stellar performance, due to the fact that managers have been here 10+ years. Work/life balance is not respected and work is thought to take first priority in life. I am getting married and planning on starting a family shortly after. This is not a place that is friendly to new moms (maternity leave, flexible schedules, etc).

Williams Sonoma Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.2

depending on the team in place, this job can be wonderful or awful

Wunderman Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

April 2015

Everyone is super supportive, there are a lot of great people here. It just takes time to get to know them so don't feel intimidated at first. And if you have a good idea, speak up. I think they genuinely want to create a workplace where people feel valued.