Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Axium Healthcare Pharmacy to join us.

Young's Market Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Things have gotten much better in the last few years with a new company president who is committed to diversity.

Flexibility varies greatly depending upon and employees reporting structure. Some people can telecommute regularly or flex, others have to be at their desk at a certain time with scheduled breaks and it can be difficult even to schedule paid time off. If a flexible schedule is important to you, be sure to find out which type of manager you would be reporting to.

Hornbeck Offshore Services Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

January 2018

Be aware that the maritime industry as a whole is still very much behind the ball with women in the workforce, and Hornbeck is no different no matter what the office personnel try to tell you.

There is zero flexibility while working onboard the vessels.

The work environment as a marine engineer onboard offshore supply vessels is hazardous to all personnel. When I got pregnant I was told by my doctor I should not be working offshore or even on a vessel as it was extremely hazardous to my unborn child. Long story short; I notified the office and provided all the needed info, and was denied short term disability and I have not worked or been paid since March 2017. It’s now January 2018 and I delivered my daughter in early December. I haven’t heard from the company for months.

Axial Networks, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Be upfront about the flexibility you need and communicate properly in the interview process and you should be set up for success should you join the company. It's hard work, but if you're hitting the numbers and being a dedicated employee in all other regards, you'll be granted the flexibility.

The Space Telescope Science Institute Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Work anywhere in the company but BRC under current leadership.

Generous!

It is great place to work! However BRC needs help. Such as promoting from within, being open to new ideas which strengthens collaboration and efficiency, holding all employees accountable for their assigned tasks, support all employees not just favorites, treat long term employees fairly with constructive support and criticism, fair compensation.

St. Jude Medical, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There are a number of women in leadership positions and I've found great opportunity for career growth here. There are many female engineers here!

Minor shift in manager involvement, to be more engaged and collaborative in my work. Collaboration across teams is excellent, however direct management involvement in skill development is often overlooked.

DataSphere Technologies Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 3 years now in sales. The role is great for a mom with young children-- 6:00-3:00 or 7:00-4:00 with flexibility as needed. By my guess, we have about 40-50% of female sales reps. Females do well in sales. Most of the top reps are women.

Precious Cargo Academy Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

In general this is a great place to work and women are treated fairly. However, when I and other teacher were pregnant we were under physical and mental stresses that could have been avoided.

Avnet, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

It's a great company to work for, but there's a real lack of women in leadership roles and a lack of diversity. I also don't see much being done to change those issues.

Victoria's Secret Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.4

This company is 98% women, with women in high level executive positions, selling product to women and they have some of most anti-woman policies. They want you to work up until you deliver, and my manager actually called me even though she knew I was in labor. They switched the health insurance so it covers the bare minimum - every time I go to the Dr for a bi-annual check-up if I have something more than my blood pressure taken in charged. I honestly believe I would be better off dropping my insurance and negotiating directly with my doctor. Management is not supportive of pregnant women or families. I have been chastised for taking my lunch to pump and as a result had to give up breastfeeding. If you are single, enjoy working long hours without recognition and don't plan on having kids anytime soon this is the place to be. The sad part is it wasn't always like this and I see it as getting worse.

Vimeo Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.3

The team here at Vimeo is incredibly open-minded and helpful. I had a few individual points where a co-worker seemed to talk down to me, but it's just one person and he's a jerk. As a whole the front-end team has helped me feel comfortable learning on the job as opposed to feeling terrified that I don't know everything. The trust in this team is honestly like a fairytale, we're all in it together to make the best products. That to me is comforting as it lets me know that egos aren't building Vimeo, but being the best at what we do. Now, the female to male ratio in the engineering department is quite sad. I think this is due to the company wanting to hire more so based on referrals rather than grabbing someone from any place. There definitely needs to be more move to pursue hiring more women and the women on the team now have been discussing and pushing for methods to improve this with the help of our awesome HR team. Management at Vimeo is male dominated, but I don't see there being any barriers for female developers, not with the way our team currently stands. Personally I haven't taken maternity leave, so I have no insight on how it's received by the company. Overall I love it here, the company is growing at a fast pace, and I feel blessed to be apart of this growth. It let's me know that there are unknown position waiting to be created and a plethora of possibilities yet to be explored.