"Even if you're a vetted expert you'll have a hard time being heard here. ALL of upper management is male. There is NO growth into the women's side of the business. Use this job as a stepping stone to move on to bigger and better things. "
"no"
One thing Backcountry.com, LLC can improve?
"Promote more women into leadership positions + pay those leaders fairly. You can get "promoted" here and not be paid appropriately."
"We have FTO. So technically, as long as your work is locked up you can take time off as wish with your manager's approval. However, upper management rarely takes time off so you're made to feel guilty when you do."
"You get 100% pay for 6 full weeks. That's all I could take because I couldn't afford to be away and not getting paid."
Would you recommend Backcountry.com, LLC to other women?
"If you enjoy the outdoor/cycling/powersports industry than is could be a fun place to work. If you want any kind of career growth than probably not the best place to be. There is no growth opportunity. "
"The outdoor industry is male dominated, but that also means there's opportunity. If you have the tenacity to be an agent for change, even in the face of long-standing trends to the contrary, you may love digging in at Backcountry. The policies are very friendly to women (including a mother's room for nursing, pumping, etc.,), but the possibility of advancement and recognition as a high performer is lacking."
"no"
One thing Backcountry.com, LLC can improve?
Senior Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources
"Despite low to market pay and limited opportunity for advancement, the flexibility is why I stay. We have FTO rather than PTO, and there is an expectation of work/life balance that is beneficial."
"There is a new policy that will expand maternity leave coming in 2019, but when I delivered in 2017 I had 6 weeks of fully paid leave (Short term disability covered 60% and Backcountry supplemented). I had a c-section and my leave was not extended to 8 weeks, as I expected."
Would you recommend Backcountry.com, LLC to other women?
"It would depend on the role and the level of ambition. If a woman wanted great flexibility and stability, then probably recommend. If she's ambitious and wants to be mentored to grow, then likely not."