Bain & Company http://www.bain.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Bain & Company?

Great work life balance for all levels- entry level to management.

I moved to the Philadelphia area and there wasn't an office there.
anon1396 Consultant

Highly supportive of women and all parents' work/life balance needs, within the context of a client service organization

Recently increased to 16 wks paid maternity, 4 weeks paternity
Lefty729

Fairly progressive and keeps ahead of industry standards

Lady Ex-consultant Consultant

They say the right things about women's advancement, but are not successful in getting women promoted at the same rates. I think it has to do with the male-dominated leadership seeking out people who remind them of a 'younger version of themselves', and male partners being reluctant to express interest in a junior woman's career

Tough to do client facing work and be a mom
Lady Intrigued

In general pay and work assignments are standardized across genders, as well as genuine efforts to be more supportive of females in the workplace. However management is heavily skewed male, and it happens that the celebrated 'rockstar' employees who receive early promotions are almost always male. As sponsorship / mentoring commonly occurs within genders, it makes it really hard for younger female employees to find support in upper ranks.

Lady Aveeno

I worked here only for a couple of years but had a great experience - always felt that I was treated at par with my male colleagues. While I did not take maternity leave at Bain, I've heard great things from all the mothers who did.

Lady Jay Manager, Consulting

Men still outnumber women in more senior roles, but there is a very open dialogue about how to support women in reaching these positions. Promotions and compensation are very meritocratic with no gender advantage; however, the long hours and travel can be more of a hurdle for women. There is a strong community of women within the company, which makes the job fun.

Lady MelanieD15

As an administrative employee, they will try to pay you as little as possible.

Lady Trebond Senior Associate Consultant

I worked at Bain for a few years and left in 2010. I left because I didn't want to work in consulting anymore - It was a great place, and I'm still close with many of the people I worked with there. The thing I most wish I had known when I joined was that, if you are working hard and showing the intellectual curiosity necessary to become really good at the job, there are plenty of people who will be willing to advocate for you - but they have to know what to advocate for. Don't be afraid to speak up about your career aspirations and goals and about what's most important to you.

Lady RMRentz

Read the contract thoroughly Sign the contract and write the time it was signed

Women Review Bain & Company for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Bain & Company by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

4.4 stars, based on 12 reviews Company Website anon1612 anon1396 Lefty729 Lady Ex-consultant Lady Intrigued Lady Aveeno Lady Jay Lady MelanieD15 Lady Trebond Lady RMRentz