Ball Horticultural

www.ballhort.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Ball Horticultural to join us.

Hooters Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Decent job to have while working through and going to college. Flexible shifts

Chesapeake Energy Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's oil and gas so you need a thick skin and CHK is dominated by straight, white men. Naturally, some are more progressive than others but the company has systematically rolled back family-friendly benefits since Doug Lawler became CEO. There are some great and inspiring women in leadership and there are those that will use you to advance their careers. Be sure to observe who is well-respected vs. "gets the job" done. This observation will be crucial when you develop relationships internally.

Again, it depends on the department. While I didn't work in accounting, I had colleagues that did that indicated there was a lack of flexibility.

I had 6 paid weeks and then could take up to 8 weeks on a part-time schedule working 24-30 hours a week. This has since changed to my understanding.

Maybe. It would be dependent on which department. It's oil and gas and there's a prevailing "good ole' boy" system to overcome.

Progyny, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This company is a fertility benefit company so it is highly focused in women's health and reproductive benefits. I feel that women are represented at my company and that we have strong female leaders and mentors here. A lot of my colleagues (both male and female) have undergone fertility treatment in order to conceive or are undergoing fertility treatment. Senior level management is very understanding and caring.

Learnlight Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I don't have anything to share, it's a good part time.

Pam Transportation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Look closely at the leadership and consider where you might fit in the hierarchy.

Northern Arizona University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

Like many work places, it depends on who your boss is! Some offices/labs have better work environments than others.

Personal Images, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Ok.

The Southern Company Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've worked here for 15 years, and the company does make efforts to promote women, but I'd say the family policies are equally rough for men and women. The culture is generally not very family-friendly, BUT it truly depends on your manager and department. I've been relatively lucky over the years, but I've had friends who have been in ridiculous situations (being made to take off an hour of vacation if they had to go to a school play - even though a professional and not hourly employee). The culture trends toward the old school chained-to-your-desk from 8 to 5 mentality, but again, it greatly varies with who you work for. I've been awfully lucky over the years. They do try to promote a diverse workforce. The job is very stable. It's hard to get fired from Southern Company (or it's sub companies - Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power and Southern Company Services). The provide a nice bonus, they are fairly good about career paths and they provide a nice pension, so there are good points about working here. Regarding the parental leave policy, it has been ridiculously antiquated for decades. They recently performed a study showing how many female engineers they were losing because of it, so they've made some much needed changes. They now offer 14 fully paid weeks as of Jan. 1, 2016. This is for new parents and adoptive parents as well. Before you had two weeks and could then use your vacation and sick leave and then go unpaid. Some managers hated to see their employees in rough shape, so would offer extended sick leave throughout whatever you agreed with them at 60 percent. Management is male-dominated and very southern old-school. They are making, what I consider, honest efforts to diversify, and I think in not too long we will see the fruits of that, but for now it's run by wealthy men with stay at home wives with full time help who take care of everything. At the end of the day, we will see that diversification (and already see it a bit), but it's a sad fact that most women who come up in the company through management are harder to deal with. The attitude is very much "I didn't have all these 'privileges' and you shouldn't either, which is disheartening. For the most part, male managers are much more family-friendly. The new policy is nice and workable, but I hope over time, as an industry-leader and a Fortune 500 company, they will become more generous.

Maybe. They are slowly changing their policies and in many respects it's a good company to work for. Not perfect, but good.

Colorado Public Radio Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

This is a conservative and slow-to-change organization. At the same time, rules and standards can seem to change overnight. Rules are often inconsistently applied. Human resources doesn't seem very concerned with making the workplace friendly and fair to women, particularly mothers. That said, most managers and employees are fairly egalitarian.

Maybe. Women's experiences vary so much from department to department. My recommendation might depend on which department someone was applying for.

Freescale Semiconductor Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

In my department, you get worked to death. There is a lack of understanding about what a good life-balance looks like and you keep getting pushed and pushed to go beyond the limit 100% of the time.