Bank of America Corporation https://www.bankofamerica.com/

Want to be alerted when there are new data and reviews about Bank of America Corporation?
anon2749 Senior Vice President (SVP)

Great maternity leave policy (16 weeks) and very competitive benefits

Depending on your LOB, fully utilizing your maternity leave, vacation and sick time can prove to be a challenge. Overall benefits are decent but external hires seem to be able to make the most of their transition to BofA and are richly compensated for the same work an internal hire may be promoted into.

The leave policy changed 3 weeks after I returned to reflect 16 weeks fully paid. Although I could have utilized those changes and gone back out on leave I decided to continue working.
Depends on the role and whether you are prepared to engage in office politics. It's very much who you know and what those you know think or you. In addition, I am not completely familiar with ML, but from my observations this affiliate of the bank is still very much male dominated.
anon2694 Vice President, Operations

Depends on the department spnits very important to understand culture before accepting a position. You also need to be comfortable with change because more than likely your position will change in 6-12 months

Recently increased leave from 12-14 weeks
NYCSunshine Vice President (VP)

In some aspects the company is efficient and exciting but in it is also very beaurocratic and poltical; getting work done and receiving proper reward/recognition can be difficult - short-sighted cost cutting comes at a great expense.

depends on the department, position and career goals

Overall I think there are strong woman and family friend pollicies but the ability to use them and feel confidenct that your career growth will not be stiffled is very depedent on the team.

This was recently increased to 16 weeks.
With any large organization, I think the culture can change dramatically across teams and largely is dependent on your manager and executive team.

depends on the opportunity and the pay

Flexiblity dependand on group and manager. Culture is still plagued by concerns of "when is the next round of layoffs".

The benefits are very good including parental leave, elder care assistance, etc., however, it's such a large employer, it can be difficult to network, find mentors, and move around for your career.

Bank of America Merrill Lynch is such a large employer, experiences for women may vary wildly among different departments in the company.
anon1566 Portfolio Management Officer, Global Commercial Banking

I think flexibility and work/life balance can be location-specific. I have a very laid back manager who respects the demands of parenthood and encourages people to communicate honestly with him.

Bank of America has a fairly generous maternity leave policy.
anon7956 Financial Advisor

Merrill Lynch is still a boys club. Management refuses to acknowledge this and give women the resources, pay, or access to level the playing field.

Women Review Bank of America Corporation for Culture, Pay and Gender Equality | Fairygodboss

Free, anonymous reviews of Bank of America Corporation by female employees, including pay, hours, maternity leave, flextime, and company culture

3.1 stars, based on 48 reviews Company Website anon2749 anon2734 anon2694 NYCSunshine anon1621 anon1566 anon7956