Bed Bath & Beyond Inc.

2.9

"Maternity leave is paid 66% of your salary for 8 weeks (vaginal delivery) / 12 weeks (c-section). You can add NJFMLA on top for an extra 12 weeks of unpaid leave. "
"not sure"
One thing Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Merchandising Coordinator, Operations
Would you recommend Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to other women?
"Good experience in a major corporate office, but ZERO work-life balance."
"It is avery driven and competetive environment. Long hours are expected. "
One thing Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
, IT
Would you recommend Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to other women?
"There are no women that are store managers. They hold mostly administrative, cashier or sales floor positions. There is no flexibility with hours. You take what they give and getting time off is a hassle. They also cut hours without notice when you need them the most. We are spoken down to and/or chastised by other women and men who are in low-level floor management. We are not allowed to talk to each other on the floor. Very stressful environment."
Would you recommend Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to other women?
"As far as benefits and gender equality go, this company does the minimum required by law. If you know the laws in your state, then you know what the company policies will be at Bed Bath and Beyond."
Housewares Lead/FTG Lead, N/A
Would you recommend Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to other women?
"Even with its problems, I feel that BBB is not *that* bad based on the national standard."
"They have mostly men in Management roles.Generally I believe they are treated fairly but management is male-dominated and not diverse, but the business is mostly frequented by women."
Would you recommend Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to other women?
"If they hire women Managers. They seem to favor men Managers but this is a company where women are largest consumer base."
"I've worked here for over 10 years, been passed up for promotion twice in favor of a male. Finally given my chance, and have already been moved into a higher volume store...the two male managers promoted before me...no longer with the company...Harder for women to get the recognition..kind of a good old boys club."
manager, N/A
Would you recommend Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to other women?
"if you can play the game"
"Women seemed to be sent to customer service positions. I had to request to be put on the sales floor, where I could be more active and engage with customers better. Our store owner was female, which was great to see a woman in that leadership role, as she was pretty much in charge of everyone unless someone from corporate or regional offices was there. There were also female's in regional positions. It's hard work. Training wasn't great at my location which made it difficult to learn and therefore improve. Management was unorganized. But it is different at every location and varies widely in its culture and organization. So other stores are great while some are really doing poorly in terms of culture, management, and positive eduction."
Sales Associate and Front End, N/A
Would you recommend Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to other women?
"They are good about putting women in higher positions, such as store owners and higher management positions. At the same time, it took a really long time for a male manager to get demoted (not fired!) after he was doing a very poor job and had also had several sexual complaints against him."
"I have been with the company for 8 years. I love working for them and enjoy the family like atmosphere BUT it is a bit of whomever is the bosses favorite gets the promotions and if you are over 45 or so then you can pretty much forget moving up if you are at the bottom of the ladder. Women have just as much of a chance for advancement as men but you have to be young and driven and make sure the store manager likes you."
Sales Associate, Soft Side
Would you recommend Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to other women?
"If you are young and ambitious and willing to kiss butt or if you are just looking for a job to get you by until something better comes along then yes, if you are an older woman, no matter how smart or how hard you work I don't think you have a chance at ,moving up in the company"