Bernstein Shur

www.bernsteinshur.com/

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Bernstein Shur to join us.

Virginia Hospital Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

As a large company, the benefit package is good. Quality of life depends to a great extent on who your boss is. And like most jobs, those you work with on a day-to-day basis count for a lot, too.

Totally depends on your unit and boss. In-patient clinical staff works 3x 12 hr shifts so has days off. Mangers have broad discretion in accommodating (or not) employee scheduling requests. If your manager chooses to, s/he can provide a great deal of flexibility.

I'm a great employee but bosses have free reign to hire their buddies and get rid of staff they don't like even for completely arbitrary reasons. Too many cliques, bullies and mean girls. This is not good for morale. On the plus side, there are some great people in the organization and leadership does value treating patients well. Values a bit of southern charm and hospitality. (Hint: treat your employees just as well and your outcomes will improve!)

The AES Corporation Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I've had two tours at AES - the first time around was world-class, focused on employee engagement and empowerment. During the recent past, they've become more risk-averse and treat employees like something to be managed, not the drivers of the business. It's very top-down and unreceptive to feedback.

Goldberg Kohn Ltd. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I think this is a great firm but a little old fashioned. The partners are very open to change and are actively looking for ways to promote more women.

World Bank Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

I did not take maternity leave while at this company so I can't speak to their policies.

Healthcare Benefit Trust Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The politics of this workplace are a little murky at present. Until the management changes and expand, you are very likely to find that it can be a somewhat tense environment at times.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It's not necessarily your skill, talent, enthusiasm, committment, or education that will help you in your role. It's who you know and being able to navigate a very challenging multi-state political environment.

Promote women supporting each other

American Dental Association Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is no gender bias. It would just be a better place to work if compensation was more fair.

Greyhound Lines Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Don't work here if you expect respect for your personal life, want to be promoted or to be valued for your contributions. Do work here if you enjoy working excessive hours, micro-management, minimal pay increases (at most 1-3% annually), no bonuses, blackout dates on when you can take vacation, no time off during any holiday or summer/winter or spring vacations, and minimal training/ staff to help you do your job.

Promote women vs maintaining a "good old boys club", end excessive OT required of management w/o compensation or flex time, improve compensation, improve senior management leadership practices and interaction with all levels of employees

Florida Department of Children and Families Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is difficult to promote (not enough positions and often there is hiring outside the department). The maternity leave is up to 6 unpaid months during the first year of child's birth (or adoption).

Apple Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
3.9

March 2015

(Entry date March 2015) I worked in an Apple Retail Store for over 3 years. In general, the company has great benefits that support families in many ways, I have absolutely no complaints about the support they offer on a corporate level for women and families. My concerns are more with the opportunities to grow in Apple Retail, especially as a woman. I am very relational, great with people, and have a good attitude and a strong work ethic. I started as a part time (Sales) Specialist and was offered the opportunity to apply for (and received) a rare full-time opportunity after my first year. About 6 months later I earned a promotion to (Sales) Expert. Within the next 6 months I earned a position on the Business Team as a Business Specialist (lateral move). What I found in my time in Apple Retail is that there are opportunities for movement, but you must take the initiative to make it happen on your own. Look for ways to be a leader in your department, find opportunities to improve processes especially between departments, and be proactive about your career growth. My managers were always supportive of my growth, but I had to initiate much of that, and with a positive attitude and enthusiasm for my job, my team, and my company I was able to stand out among my peers. What I found more difficult was any opportunity for breaking into the management level. It is far easier to make lateral moves, and Apple Retail is supportive for those wanting to move to different departments within the store, but breaking into management is difficult. In my store, of 7 managers, only one was female, a lower-level manager. There are fewer female Geniuses and Sales Experts. Maybe this is because fewer women pursue technology careers, but still... I found for management positions they tend to hire from outside (managers from other technology stores) and more male candidates than female. We need more women in technology careers!