Best Buy Co., Inc.

"Not a terrible place to work, although it is frustrating to see lower level employees being hired in at higher pay rates, and men tend to get more promotions than women."
"not sure"
Back Office Lead, Administrative
Would you recommend Best Buy Co., Inc. to other women?
"The organization was built from a boy's club. It continues to improve but still there is a long road again for the company to focus on powerful leaders within it that happen to be female. "
One thing Best Buy Co., Inc. can improve?
"I did not receive my full pay for the first 6 weeks. It was 60%. "
Would you recommend Best Buy Co., Inc. to other women?
"The company continues to make improvements on has been achieving goals financially but often loses great employees do to the inside politics that fill the building. There is not clear leadership or vision in regards to maintaining and developing their employees. Lack of training and development leads to unhappy employees that leave the organization to pursue other opportunities. "
"Be careful if you have a family, time off and stability is not their strong suit "
One thing Best Buy Co., Inc. can improve?
"Improve work-life balance and policies (e.g. flex-time, limit face time)"
Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources
Would you recommend Best Buy Co., Inc. to other women?
"Best Buy corporate is a great place to be pregnant or be a mom who needs to pump. They have secure mother's rooms in each tower at corporate. On my team, my supervisors were flexible about doctor's appointments, flexible on maternity leave, flexible on breaks for pumping, flexible on start/end time because of kid drop off/pick up. Pretty much all of my teammates had kids, so if you got that call during the day that your kid was sick and needed to be picked up *right now*, they were understanding and it was not a big deal to leave. I had to be on bed rest for part of one of my pregnancies, and was allowed to work from home for like, a month and a half. My only mild complaint is that I know that compensation on my team was not that great, and it was tough to advance -- for contractors and employees. Due to such great work-life balance, there was not much turnover on our team and I think a lot of people were willing to forgo higher wages (or maybe people had been on the team for so long they weren't aware of what their market rate should be). Despite that, it was still an amazing place to work. My goal is to return someday!"
Project Coordinator, IT
"I was a contractor at corporate. The general rule on our team was that, as long as you let your supervisor know ahead of time about needing to be out of the office and as long as you got your work done, they were flexible. Work from home was to be used sparingly, though."
"I was a contractor at corporate, so any time I didn't work, I didn't get paid -- hence, no paid maternity leave. I know employees have some maternity leave benefits. So, it was my decision to take off for 4 months. Even though I was a contractor, my supervisor was willing to work with me to re-hire me as a contractor after my leave. I did that twice. "
Would you recommend Best Buy Co., Inc. to other women?
"Be upfront about what you want and the company is fairly accommodating."
Sales Associate, Sales