Betterment

www.betterment.com

Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Betterment to join us.

Demand Media, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

StudioD is a great way to earn some extra cash but without benefits and steady work available it can only supplement income.

Writing for Demand Media (now StudioD) was a feast-or-famine experience. Available writing titles would show up in large batches, and then there would be no new titles available for weeks, months, or now even years!

Brennan Center for Justice Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Very dependent on your manager but many managers are terrible in terms of facilitating work-life balance for junior attorneys. I felt "on-call" constantly, which, for a non-profit, is surprising.

Not for Hiring, Evaluation and Reviews

Burleson Independent School District Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

There is no such thing as paid maternity leave in education. You MUST either save up your days off that are provided or invest in short-term disability insurance.

DuPont Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
2.3

There are lots of opportunities for women in this company and lots of examples of women in leadership. Because of the industry, you may still encounter an "old boys club" mentality in some places but I belive this is changing. Benefits could definitely stand to be more family friendly.

Maybe. Before desiring to start a family, I felt DuPont was a great place for women to be - lots of female leaders, a sense of inclusion and diversity. But now that I'm thinking about trying to get pregnant, the mediocre maternity leave stresses me out regularly - 6 weeks paid, 8 week if you have a C-section. My understanding is that they are generally flexible with part time work schedules and I paid time off, but I don't think we can afford either of those options.

Consol Energy, Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The energy industry is male dominated and Consol gave the outward appearance of supporting women. However, in practice, it was far from the truth. For example, the company paid for very expensive private university tuition for an MBA for a male attorney, but would not pay for an LLM in energy management for a female attorney. The HR rep assigned to our department told a pregnant co-worker that she would be promoted upon her return from maternity leave, during which they moved her entire department to a different facility and reassigned her work to a male. She was forced to resign. A management position came open and I was told that it would not be filled for 6 months, and that when the company was ready to hire, the job would be posted. The job was never posted, no interviews were conducted and it was filled by a less experienced male who had no practical experience in performing the core functions of our department.

Engage PR Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Lots of women leaders, respected by men and women alike.

Nossaman LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

See response to earlier question.

Maybe. If you don't have kids, then partner somewhat achievable (though you'll be kept out by "boys club" and other women healousy/"I went through it so should you" attitudes). if a mom or part-time, then much harder to make partner.

Contra Costa Regional Medical Center Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Maternity leave policies depend on your role and the union representing you. Physicians do NOT get paid maternity leave as a rule, but residents are able to use elective time for a limited maternity leave and keep their paycheck (although do need to do some make-up work to compensate for time off, and aren't generally able to take any more than 8 weeks). Attendings do NOT get paid leave, and most need to take FMLA time plus max their vacation in order to get a reasonable leave. Often extended unpaid leave is possible for attendings who aren't relying on their paychecks.

Maybe. Residency is a mess in terms of work/life balance and being present in relationships, regardless of where you are. But for a family medicine residency, CCFP's hours are particularly strenuous and demanding, making work/life balance near impossible. If you plan to have a pregnancy during residency, I recommend looking elsewhere. If you plan to focus on medicine exclusively and want to learn a wide variety of skills, this program is great

Loyola Marymount University Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

LMU has no maternity leave; you must use what is offered by the state of California with no monetary assistance from the university. Eliminated abortion coverage from healthcare insurance policy.

Ingram Micro Inc. Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

It is an extremely diverse culture here. I don't know the exact numbers, but there is a large percentage of women in leadership positions. They get paid the same as the men. There really is no glass ceiling here. You get paid and promoted based purely on your work skills and ethics.