Our members add new reviews every day. Invite someone who's worked at Big Fish Games to join us.

Bolt Threads Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

July 2018

Much of your career success is self-driven. You have to be willing to step up and define how you want your career to grow. No one is going to give you step-by-step instructions about where to go next. But if you know how to define what you want in your career, there is a wealth of knowledge and guidance to be had in getting there

Enterprise Financial Group Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

May 2018

Run! You will never get fair treatment as a female here!

Make my pay equal to men in the same department and position

Lowenstein Sandler LLP Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)
4.5

April 2018

Very flexible work arrangements in general and family oriented. coworkers are also supportive to chip in if you need time off.

Alliance Shippers Inc Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

March 2018

Flexibility is great, but compensation for women needs to be improved to be on par with men's compensation.

Midwest Community Bank Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Run for the hills. Not only are their benefits the worst I've ever seen in my 12 years of working experience, but they do not even have a written maternity policy. When I got pregnant, I thought perhaps they would finally implement something into their policy, but this never happened and I received ZERO compensation for the time I took off. I was told I was lucky to even be able to take any time off, which was interesting seeing that I was protected through FMLA. I paid over 1500 a month for our insurance premium PLUS our deductible was 5k a person! With no paid maternity leave, it was very hard for us to plan financially to make our mortgage payment during the three months I had no income and still have to pay our 1.5k insurance premium to get post-maternity care and keep up with my baby boy's dr visits. All while, knowing that the two brothers that own the bank privately made well into the upper six figures and had not a care in the world about their senior support staff struggling to raise a brand new family. It was very disconcerning. They also pay severely undermarket in general, but especially if you are a woman. I am a very high achiever, and I had to persistently ask for a performance review for over a year and a half before I finally got any feedback from my boss. When I finally did get the feedback, I had positive scores across the board and I went a step further and brought up compensation sharing industry averages from Robert Half's 2017 publication, noting that I was severely underpaid for my position and level of experience coupled with my recent stellar performance review. My boss granted me a 2k bonus immediately in good faith that I would receive a raise after the first quarter. Well that never happened, and the CEO (one of the brothers I mentioned earlier) decided to let me go with no warning, 2 week notice and certainly no severance. While I'm glad that I gained the experience there, that place for a woman is like working 50 years ago. I even witnessed the CEO fire his current assistant with no warning or valid reasoning as happened to me (she was the office mom type, middle aged woman who dressed in relaxed fit clothing) only to have her replacement already lined up, a younger, hipper version that seemed like arm candy. It was gross, and probably illegal. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's worth a legal pursuit. I'm hoping to warn women this way instead. They don't deserve your time or talent. I am very happy now in my current role and this experience really made me appreciate what I have now!

They have no written maternity leave policy. HR makes you feel lucky to get unpaid FMLA. Insurance is 1.5k per month with a 5k deductible per person. How can a modern household with two working parents afford this on top of a mortgage, car payment, etc with NO income???

Lego Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The maternity leave is amazing. Up to 6 months leave with full pay for 3 of them. There is a transition plan for coming back to work as well. We have great lactation rooms throughout campus that have nice lighting, comfy seating and can ONLY be used for lactation purposes. In general, LEGO truly values the work life balance and it is evident that family come first. I have a 10 month old daughter in daycare... The number of doctor appointments, working from home, sick days, etc since I've been back have been met with complete understanding by my manager and team.

Not for Pay, Hiring

Equitable Life and Casualty Insurance Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

Flex schedules Friendly employees Good company culture Wellness activities 401K benefits and matching 5-days-a-week

Shorelight Education Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The upper echelon is almost entirely male, but there are many women just below VP. Because it's a startup, people are still very mobile and I am confident that the higher positions will only continue to diversify. Almost all of my direct coworkers are women and they are very feminist focused and look out for each other. A very supportive crew - can't speak for other departments, though.

Meggitt PLC Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The department processes are not well defined and it is not on the radar to improve them. The stress level is too high for too many people over multiple departments. It's difficult to have a positive career feel here.

St Michael's Center-Special Surgery Women's Job Satisfaction (5=very satisfied)

The male VP got Rolex watches as a bonus but the women VP did not. Upper management was mostly men and good old boys club at that, while the women did most of the work but never got the benefits or kudos.