"I still think sales and marketing have room for improvement. With marketing, it is really dependent on your manager. Engineering hasn't fit into the stereotypes that are common in tech, but there's still some subtle unconscious bias. Overall, I've been happy to work here and relatively satisfied with the direction of recent improvements."
One thing BigCommerce can improve?
"Every team I've seen has been very accommodating of circumstances. Support can be a bit more difficult because of the type of work, but still, understanding managers."
Would you recommend BigCommerce to other women?
"Dependent on team. Support, engineering, and product seem fine for women. I've seen some issues on a few other teams, but haven't worked on those teams myself to comment."
"I was asked at length about whether or not I had children in my interview and what my husband does for a living by a C-level. The C-level then expressed concern that I would be able to juggle my home life and my job. When I received my offer, it was for a lower title than originally advertised, and a male with less experience was also hired that same week with the higher title. Several strong women leaders were forced out of the organization for being "difficult" and "not a culture fit.""
One thing BigCommerce can improve?
Would you recommend BigCommerce to other women?